Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

The idea of this came from two TV programmes....the X-Files and SPOOKS. I think in the first episode of X-Files, you see a strange aircraft in a story about 'Operation Blue Book', and recently, in Spooks, there was mention of 'Aurora'. Now, as nobody knows what 'Aurora' looks like, (and neither do I) maybe it looks like this!
Built from Evergreen, PVC and a couple of acrylic domes, painted Mid Grey and over bloched in Black. The rotating tailpipe is painted in yellow over orange over red.....to get the effect. Oh, yeah, each side is around 6" (150mm)Glenn

Glenn

Final shot of Aurora....Tophe, tomorrow...if you're a good boy, you might have a LR PR 38M!
Glenn

Glenn

So, Tophe...here it is! I've added the intakes (on the outer engines) to fit below the wings where the wheel wells should be....well out the road of the leading edge and flaps. The colour scheme has now changed from KD/NG, (khaki drab/neutral grey) to KD/PRU Blue, undersides. To date, the decals are on, and 'she' has a name on her port nose...."Camera Shy"
Haven't added the props yet, don't want to damage them, and the photos are going to be a problem, with such a long wing!
Glenn

Glenn

Here's the other shot of the LR-38M. You can see all of her 'bits' and can see everything is in place. Tophe, I hope everything is OK....let me know what you think, when you see it.
Glenn

Tophe

Belated clapping hands... :thumbsup: :wub: (I am back from hospital, surprisigly alive :blink:)
Your model is simply delightful, what a welcome back into life! Thanks Glenn my friend...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Running from this June to the end of next year, I'll be building 5 US Fighters. Some of these will have been built.....others won't. This is 1 of 5, the P-37 and the block of balsa behind it, is the first view of 2 of 5. Yeah, they have a long way to go....but I have the time!
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the Drahk Raider from Babylon 5. Almost finished with (in this shot) four of it's five wings in place. Almost finished now, just a bit more detailing, a light varnish and a couple of photos.
Glenn

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Glenn

Finished at last! My Bushman finally flying.
Who told you about my Arrow! It may not be full size, but it is Aurora!
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Your Bushman really looks the business Glenn! I really like the red ID bands and French markings!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Glenn, you've been putting out some really cool stuff. Love the UFO, B5 ship and the Bushman!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Tophe

Sorry I did not noticed the French markings. Uh, is Bushman the English word for the French Broussard?
like this?:

from http://im.quirao2.com/qimage/p/moy300/p24/broussard-24862.jpg

Glenn

Thanks guys, and yes Tophe...that Broussard. Last shot of it, before setting it on a runway for ground shots.
Glenn

Glenn

Once all the bugs were ironed out, the Curtiss YP-55 was ready for combat. With the supply of turbojet engines, the production models were put to use, in the final push against the Neo-Nazi forces in 1947. Originally designed as a fighter, ground attack was it's strength.

Model : MPM 1/72 Curtiss XP-55 Ascender
Modifications : converting to jet, using a Meteor intake as the new tailpipe
Photo : With Crown 1/144 B-25J

Glenn

Tophe

Congratulations for this jet Ascender :wub: , completing greatly the XP-55 family. :thumbsup:
IIRC there were 2 members already: classical XP-55 (propeller+classical canopy), advanced XP-55 (jet+bubble canopy, in a Unknown/Reichdreams booklet), and you add here the missing link. Wonderful, thanks! :bow:

Besides, congratulations for the focal perfect rendering of the picture, with your invention of 1/72 front and 1/144 far, looking perfectly real... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: