Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 13, 2017, 06:37:08 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 13, 2017, 08:50:33 AM
Quote from: Bungle on October 13, 2017, 07:35:46 AM
Once took a catch at a Twenty20 match. Ball was going over my head so I stuck up my right hand and thud ! snaffled the ball. I should add I was in the crowd and everyone around me was more surprised that I hadn't spilt any of the beer held in my left hand or dropped the burger I had clenched between my teeth.

So I saved the important things. Next day sore head due to the amount of beer bought for me and ..... a broken middle finger !  :wub: :wub:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry to laugh so much, but it reads like an episode of some TV show about accidents.

Was the batsman given 'Out' though?  ;)

Not out.  Ball was over the boundary when caught.  So a six or a four depending on if it bounced.

On the estate I grew up on (and still live on) we used to have a rule whilst playing cricket of "one handed off the wall". If the batsman hit the ball and it hit one of the surrounding walls without bouncing first then he was out if the fielder caught the rebound one handed  ;D If it hit one of the windows then it was "all scatter and game off"  ;) Strangely that very, very seldom happened.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

I tell you, if I'd have dropped this, I would have binned it! This is a conversion from a Gato class USN sub to a Balao class used by the Venezuelan navy from 1960. Originally the USS Tilefish, SS-307 became the ARV Carite S-11. The only interesting thing to happen to the Carite  was it being used in the movie 'Murphy's War' where it was converted to a U-Boat in Arctic camo.....God knows why?
The model is an old Revell Gato scaled around 1/126th. I know the 2cm is slightly out of scale....but what can one do.
The main conversion for the movie was the cable ram (not on as yet) and the Smokers deck.
Glenn

TheChronicOne

Glad you didn't drop it.  ;D

It looks great.... I love the color scheme; it's one I plan to use soon myself on something or other.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Looks good.  The camo is similar to that used by Sea Shepherd.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

I guess they painted it? Didn't it used to be all black or something? Killer lookin' scheme!!!! I want to put one like it on a Cobra.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Fw 200 Condor  ready of flight
Vehicles : 1/100 and 1/87sc
Condor 1/144 Big Warplanes
Glenn

NARSES2

Glenn

This strange aeroplane was photographed at a small private airstrip in Dorset in Feb. 1935 and the man with the Eastman Bellows camera said he wasn't drunk!
Believed to be designed by DH, the mystery continues.

Editor : AEROPLANE MONTHLY
          Feb. 1935

Tophe

Beautiful comet! (I mean: "in the clouds/fog above"...)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

I like that. I updated an old Airfix Comet a few years ago. Gave it a nose wheel among a couple of other modifications and put it in an RAF P.R. squadron. It's on here somewhere

TheChronicOne

Nice!!!    :mellow: :mellow:

I see some sort of stuff up front? Canard-ish type apparatus?
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

It looks like it's a real canard, the wings are waaaaay back from the standard Comet wing position.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Oh hey, yeah, I see what you mean! How cool...  I didn't notice that at first. 

We need more pics of this beauty.  :lol: :mellow:

By the way, the Condor is really nice, too! Seems I skipped over that one.  :mellow:

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Yes, more pics.

I've got one in a box (Airfix) because I got bored with PSRing it.  I need inspiring to get it out again.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..