Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn

Second view of the Iklwa ....better view of the wings.
Glenn

Tophe

This photograph (obviously true) proves this was a secret aircraft, not a fantasy fake of lunatic! :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

That really does work well, it looks miles better than the RW Flat Iron.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2017, 12:38:28 AM
That really does work well, it looks miles better than the RW Flat Iron.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more, it looks very good indeed. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 12, 2017, 02:55:32 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2017, 12:38:28 AM

Couldn't agree more, it looks very good indeed. :thumbsup:

Indeed it's a really nice looking aircraft  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Last shot, next time....something completely different! promise.
Glenn

Glenn

You know my interest in Movie Models well......in August, I bought the DVD set collection of BAND OF BROTHERS and was blown out of my mind! On watching the six DVD's and eventually freeze framing certain scenes to shoot the armour, I had a good idea what was used, and how to go about making them.
Originally I wanted to make the Stug 111, but couldn't get the chassis used in the production, so settled for the Jagdpanther.

This scene is from the IMDB page on vehicles from Band of Brothers
I'd like to thank HBO and Warner Bros for such an excellent series
Glenn

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Glenn

With the chassis, they used a T-34 and you don't have to worry about which kit, you only need the chassis and wheels.....the rest you'll add to later.
Glenn

Glenn

Now, this is a scene from the third chapter when they engage the SS and armour. Look at the side of the Jagdpanther and then at the T-34 and tell me what the differences are?
Sherlock Holmes : "One looks, but one does not observe!"

Glenn

Old Wombat

Drive sprocket is "wrong" & the road wheels have bolts around the outer rim rather than near the centre.

That's excluding the modified exhaust & track guards, plus the addition of skirts & a bloody great box on top of the hull.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 22, 2017, 01:07:32 AM

Drive sprocket is "wrong" & the road wheels have bolts around the outer rim rather than near the centre.

That's excluding the modified exhaust & track guards, plus the addition of skirts & a bloody great box on top of the hull.

They obviously filmed it in WhiffWorld.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

the wheel spacing is different to that on the model box , ( and the pics of a t34 on google)  should be a pair of road wheels then a triplet, not a solo then a quad.
a quick google suggests a t54/55 may have been the base unit

Im fairly certain the Stug was based of a FV432 chassis
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!