Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I was going by the road wheels, and using the T-34 and re-working it...big job but a lot of fun.
The Stug was based on a British recon tank with 5 road wheels, but I'll be using a Warrior as it has 6 wheels, when I finally get around to it!
Glenn

Glenn

Now, with the chassis of the T-34, I added the rear drive wheel to the front, and this meant adding space the the area between this and the front road wheel. Next, using the wide space between road wheels two and three, and making it between road wheels one and two. And finally, adding extra height to the chassis for the front wheel.
When checking between the JagdPanther and T-34 dimensions, the width was only a couple of mm between the front panels, so adding one to the other wasn't a headache.
Glenn

Glenn

With the JagdPanther....I can see where I went wrong! If you look at the first photo, you can see how wide the blockhouse is? Well. I didn't!
So, they did use a T-54/T55 for the chassis, and scratch built the body.......well, back to square #1...or, I could just continue and make it as I think it should have been made.....Yes, I'll do that!
Glenn

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Glenn on December 25, 2017, 06:06:50 PM

...or, I could just continue and make it as I think it should have been made.....Yes, I'll do that!

This is WhiffWorld, of course you can!  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on December 25, 2017, 06:06:50 PM
With the JagdPanther....I can see where I went wrong! If you look at the first photo, you can see how wide the blockhouse is? Well. I didn't!
So, they did use a T-54/T55 for the chassis, and scratch built the body.......well, back to square #1...or, I could just continue and make it as I think it should have been made.....Yes, I'll do that!
Glenn

Now that's what I like a nice pragmatic, sensible decision  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

bodgybuilder

I agree, the obvious thing is to make it how it should have been.
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Glenn

Yes Matthew, as it should have been!
Well, this shows the side cleaned up and given a coat of European Sand (Dark yellow by TAMIYA) and ready for the road wheels.
Glenn

Glenn

Road wheels in place.....now, it does look like a T-55......
Glenn

Glenn

Now, this shot is out of sequence, as it shows the body in place. I think I know why they used the T-55 rather than the T-34...as the T-55 is bigger and wider and as you see the JagdPanther it does look bulkier.
The drive wheel comes from a M-24 Chaffee as the kit had two sets and I wondered if the second one would come in handy.
I know what they used for the tracks, and have bought the kit.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

This project has been on going for a couple of years....only as you can't get a kit of it, and it is in a movie.
This is my M-7 light/medium tank from the movie ATTACK.
It is getting there, but has a while to go!
Glenn

Captain Canada

Wow Glynn you've certainly been busy since I last checked in ! Some really excellent work. And some really excellent, atmospheric photography ! Love the in-flight shots of the AWACs. So evocative. The Iklwa is a great idea. I've saved those photos to my whiffer file for future reference.

:bow:   :wub:   :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Interesting hull on that Glenn. Reminds me of the Canadian RAM tank for some reason ?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 08, 2018, 06:41:58 AM
Interesting hull on that Glenn. Reminds me of the Canadian RAM tank for some reason ?

Yeah, similar-looking cast hulls.

Glenn

The other side of the M7 and yes....it is like the RAM. Looking at Profile Magazine #13 "Ram and Sexton", that appears to be two M3/M4 chassis' never made into 1/35 kits? Am I right?
Glenn