Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

OK, back with the JagdPanther, as you can see...I've used the T-55 for a couple of things.
1. Making a new front panel to get the right length and width, and
2. cutting the engine cooling system off the kit, and replacing it with the T-55 engine panel.
Then removing the sides of the rear to the same angle to the JagdPanther and wamo! it looks like a bought one.

At present, the tracks are on, and I've scored the Zimmeret (?) to all sides.......the tracks, now, that's a story in itself!
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

A better view of the side, but after this shot was taken, I cut down the side parallel to the engine cover as thet's how it's done on the real one.
Glenn

Glenn

As I now have two T-34/76, I decided to use one for something else. This is going to be a river barge with a T-34 body and turret mounted. The tank will be mounted low, with only the turret visible....well, that's the plan?
Glenn

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 06, 2018, 05:43:50 AM
Ahhhh yes, an Ironclad.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yup I can see that coming in handy as an improvised riverine type vessel  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

After seeing it at this stage, it ewally needs to be lower to the waterline.....so, it will be cut down by about 10~15mm.
Glenn

NARSES2

I would have thought 5mm to 10mm personally Glenn

Old Wombat

I'd have cut off the track guards & set the tank down into a well in the boat, with the overhanging sides of the hull sitting on the deck.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Glenn

Like you said, the sides on the deck. Saw a Soviet riverboat on the web, long and narrow with a set of  rockets behind the bridge and the turret of a T-34/76 in front...one mean machine!
Glenn

Glenn

Vickers Wellington RAF Coastal Command prepares for another adventure over the Irish Atlantic coast.

Big Warplanes : 1/144 scale.
Glenn

Tophe

I am happy... :thumbsup: Dear Glenn comes back to aviation, a little... (feel free to do something else, of course, even if I will be less enthusiastic, as far as I am concerned)... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

TheChronicOne

Nice!! Always a fan of that paint scheme.
-Sprues McDuck-

bodgybuilder

Very professional, looks great.
Matthew
Quote from: Glenn on April 13, 2018, 08:33:42 PM

Vickers Wellington RAF Coastal Command prepares for another adventure over the Irish Atlantic coast.

Big Warplanes : 1/144 scale.
Glenn
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so