Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

This shows the JagdPanther side view with her shortened hull and tracks in place. The tracks are tied down to give the suggestion of weight. I'll get to the tracks....next time.
Glenn

Glenn

This is the second tank from Band of Brothers....the Tiger.
Based on a T-34/85 (although I used a 76 as I had one already) and this shows the wheels in place and the nose cut down to give the blunt Tiger look.
Next will be the Stug 111, and that's a story in itself!
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Now let me tell you a story.....when they made Band Of Brothers, they used these British APC's , I think called Bulldogs, to make the Pz 111's and Stug 111's. While pricing these models, I almost fell over at the price !
$70 each....and they only had five road wheels....that meant I'd have to buy three, to make the two versions! But then I thought A Warrior was  just the same, but had six road wheels....you guessed it, $70 each.
I thought, well this is a What If page, so, lets do it right!
As you can see in the photo, I bought three M-41 Walker Bulldogs at $20 each. The other reasons, the size of modified M41 would be around 22feet in length as the Pz 111, at 18' 6", and the Warrior at 20'. And the other reason, it has a lower C/G than the other two....as you will see!
More to follow.
Glenn

Tophe

I checked on the Web and $70 (AuD) = $52 (usD) = 45€ = 40£, ahem, not cheap, all right.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Back with the kite with it's wings in flight mode. When I say wings....I mean bones from shoulder to elbow. You know what I mean!
Glenn

Tophe

Wings/bones make me think of "flying like Jesus Christ"...
(this is the cover of my last book/testament, in French sorry: http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/JEsuisLE.pdf ) :-\ ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Front view of the JagdPanther with tracks.
Now, with the tracks.....it took me a couple of weeks to work out what they used. Merkava battle tank tracks only they reversed them....on the Merkava they are concave, but on the Jagd, they are convex.
At this time, the camo is done, and the only things missing are the hatch cover and commander...and a bit of aging.
Glenn

Glenn

The first step to changing the M41 to a Pz 111/Stug 111
Glenn

Glenn

Now we have a M41 with six wheel spaces.
Glenn

Glenn

With the new piece added, and a few spars to keep in in place.
At present, the tracks are on and painted.
Glenn

Glenn

Six wheel bases...and looking at the idler wheels, she is going to be low slung.
Glenn

Glenn

Last shot of the M37 Priest, from Battle of the Bulge.
Glenn

Glenn

The Stug 111 is coming along with the hull painted awaiting the wheels. I bought a late Stug 111 at the PX in May and will modify it to fit the hull.
Glenn