Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Glenn

Last shot of the Arrowhead....Tophe, note the canards. I hated the original canards, at least now they are swept back, to go with the wing.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on September 10, 2009, 07:08:24 PM
Tophe, note the canards. I hated the original canards, at least now they are swept back, to go with the wing.
Glenn
Wonderful, this seemed so harmonious that I forgot the old (real) ones!
But... this genius talent of yours, revealed, is the proof that you should not have given, anonymous Glenn: YOU ARE the very great Glenn Curtiss himself, born again, not a modest Australian modeller at all... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Glenn Curtiss here, or is that Kremen here? thanks for that Tophe......for today I have my latest version of the Bf-109G10. Having the Revell 1/48 model for years, and not working out what to do with it, a thought finally came! What if the KM and the IJN worked together, in 1945~1949? With the new advanced technology of the U-Boats a submarine force could roam the oceans untouched. This is one of the Bf-109G/10 floatplane assigned to the Type XXX U-boat, I-3691. As the G 10 still had a short rudder, I added an extra keil rudder, below the tail to extend the rudder size, as with the Japanese floatplanes. This is a way to being finished yet....
Glenn

Glenn

I thank all of you for the great comments over the years, so this is for you. This is a shot of Brisbane looking toward the Pacific Ocean.......but it could be anywhere! Try it out, experiment with it, as the hardest backdrops for me to find are Air to Ground.
I'll have a break after this, only have 8 frames on the photo stick....so, see you all in about a month.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on September 12, 2009, 07:29:11 PM
Try it out, experiment with it, as the hardest backdrops for me to find are Air to Ground.
1st experiment, in a minute as raw result with automatic mask. Yes this can be useful, thanks a lot, Glenn. :thumbsup:

Glenn

Hi guys, back again....with a second shot of the 109G10. Now both floats are in place, and it has a pilot, I'm almost there!
It will be finished in IJN markings including the IJN Dk Green and under Grey finish. Now, if only I could design the Type XXX U-boat!
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the Goose....and the new changes. With the Goose, the fuselage is 38' 4" in length....but with the 'thing' I'm building, we have a length of 46' 4". So, I had to add to the area in front of the cockpit, and behind the wing. Also, I've blanked out the side windows and filled in the wheel well.....more to follow!
Glenn

Acree

Hi Glenn,
With those changes, your (former) Goose is beginning to look a lot like a Fiarchild Baby Clipper!

Cheers,
Chuck

Glenn

Sorry mate, but I can't place a Fairchild Baby Clipper.....but if you have plans of one, let me know!
Glenn

Glenn

Chuck, hi...yeah it does look like the Fairchild doesn't it...........but it's not. A clue, this flyingboat is 'Post War'.
Glenn

Glenn

Thanks to the site on aircraft plans, (thanks) this is the start of my Curtiss Wright Kingbird. Made her in solid balsa, with the windscrean and side windows done in paper. Once finished sanding to shape, added bog, and sanded my life away until I had the best finish I could hope for. Added the windows and gave her a resin coat to seal it, I'm working on the wings at present.
Glenn

PS...She's 1/48 scale.

Tophe

Very beautiful at the moment. :thumbsup: We will see the result later...
The title of your picture seemed to direct us, and you mentionned "flying boat" before, with that: it seems a D-2 Kingbird, yes? (flying-boat version of it?):

Glenn

Tophe, yes...the Kingbird D-2 will be finished as is. I don't know what finish yet, as it was in service with the USMC and Eastern AirServices, (I think)but that's a long way off.
Today, I'm back with the Su-27 in RAAF markings.....why, I hear you ask? I just love the aeroplane, and wish we had them, or for that matter, I had one in the front yard.
Glenn

Glenn

Back with Luft '36 #1. This 'wing' comes from the 1981 movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark", but was never made. In the airfield scene, they were going to have a number of experimental aircraft, but they couldn't afford that. So, they decided on one, five engine flying wing, to blow up, well, this model was  reduced to four engines then the twin engine seen in the movie. Scale is 1/48, and the real one was to have a wing span of 87' (21 3/4 inches)
As you can see, the cockpit and m/g dome are marked out, the central engine is done including the set of air intakes. It's going to take a while, but should be impressive, once finished.
Glenn