Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Glenn on September 14, 2018, 07:48:14 PM

Ok, this is my Stug 111 and a photo of the real one from Band Of Brothers. Using an early Stug, I had to rebuild the whole body work.
Glenn

Oooh .. I like the IK3. I have that kit in 1/72 somewhere around here.   But, these Stug mods!!   :o   :mellow: :mellow:    Nice!
-Sprues McDuck-

Glenn

More of an eye level view of the Stug.......at present both sides done, engine covered and working on the top cover.
Glenn

Glenn

Originally designed as a Tiger Hunter, the T28/95 never did have a name, until they started hunting Elephants!
Welcome to Frank Buck! Elephant Hunter!

Construction : scratch built using two Dragon Easy Eight M4 Sherman tanks and a set of E8 tracks, wheels and HVSS units.
Bits and bobs : Tamiya Commander, sand bags and gun barrel, and 50 cal and mounting.
Finished in Khaki Drab and taking 10 years and Bellona 1/76 sc prints enlarged to 1/35.
Glenn
OH, I forget the Vodka!

NARSES2

I do like the T28  :thumbsup:

Got me thinking of a Tortoise now
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

I wonder why no company has made a Black Prince.....as yet?
Glenn

NARSES2

Millcast do one in 1/76 and I do have a vague memory of one being mentioned at one time in 1/35, but I can't remember by whom ?

There's always the old Airfix 1/12 one of course  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

With this Mutt, I saw something completely different......but I wonder how I'll make a 1/35sc Rover?
Glenn

Glenn

Second shot of the Elefant Hunter.
Glenn

I had the Airfix Black Prince once!

NARSES2

Very nice  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Glenn on September 26, 2018, 07:03:15 PM

I had the Airfix Black Prince once!

I think I built most of the range as a kid, but back then I built virtually everything they brought out  ;D

Might be interesting to revisit one of those figures

Glenn

Side view of T28 minus side skirting....
Glenn

Glenn

This is a Bellanca Aircruiser in 1/48. I'm not sure how to finish her off, civil or USAAC? The other thing is to finish her off with wheels or floats.......decisions, decisions!
Glenn

Tophe

Good (up to here, even if not finished) :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Stug 111 with forward section constructed. Also, spare tracks mounted.........
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the Tiger now it's body and chassis finished awaiting camo and weathering.
At present, I'm working on the turret......
Glenn

Glenn

After my first viewing of the movie 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, back in 1968 Sci Fi was all I read. With all the books I bought, one of my favourite's was a novel by Arthur C. Clarke called The Fall Of Moondust, and the moon tourist coach always found me wanting to design it. After re-reading it many times, I saw the ship with side type cylinder screws, that skimmed across the dusty surface.
The ship had a crew of two and about twenty passengers, so I looked around for 'something' of width.
These three units are, the fibre glass templates left and right with the clear cover in the centre. We were having a street clean up and I think this was the front of a vacuum cleaner.
a ways to go.....
Glenn