Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Nice and very believable indeed as a German aircraft.

Glenn

This model was given to me, 20 so years ago and sat in a box till two months ago. After removing the 'bits' of the driver and officer, undercoated and set to work converting her into a command car. It's now finished, in DAK markings and once I build a diorama for her, you'll see her finished. Gay or straight, a car is always, 'her/she'.
Glenn

Glenn

Never throw anything away! Like father~like son, finding an old Model Boats, an MAP magazine recently, I found plans of this Hydroplane and thought....'why not!'
But, rather than put the cockpit and engine housing atop, I'd make up a bridge and superstructure. The model is 320mm long, and is a long way off finishing. Haven't even worked out the scale.....
Glenn

Oh, yeah....a RN fast Patrol Boat.

Glenn

Final shot of the P-402....this time in Black and White....a nice war time photo.
Glenn

Stargazer

I really love your F-402 and I think this black and white picture does it justice! One thing really puzzles me, though... On every picture it seems you have used gloss instead of matt paint... Why so?Makes it looks less realistic I think.

Sauragnmon

I gotta admit, that command car is something else.  I've never seen one before, but seriously, I want that for my limo!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Glenn

As to the gloss finish, it's to do with the decals.....the decals look better on a gloss finish, as opposed to gloss decals on a matt surface. With Rommel's Rod, this was a Monogram 'hot-rod' kit of the 1970's (I think) but should have been a 'real car'!
Last shot of the Luft Yak, in flight.
Glenn

philp

Love the modified Rommel's Rod.  And with the kit finally being rereleased by Revell, lots more can be done.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Glenn

Last shot for a while....you see, I have this mate in Scotland, doesn't have a computer so I send him photos of what I'm working on. By the time I do this, and remove the photos you guys have seen, it will be, say next tuesday....so, until then..
Glenn

Oh, Tophe...by the way, the LR/PR-38M is finished. (gear up) You'll see her in the next batch.

Stargazer

Looks great! But why does the flying wing 1°) seem not to have a cockpit 2°) have a strangely bent right hand-side fin?

bodgybuilder

I bet the answer is Field Modifications!.
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Sauragnmon

The cockpit is hard to spot for the angle, but if you look close, you can see the framing.

As to the bend in the wing, what I can see, it appears to be a hunched upward step in the wing to accomodate the drooped-tip semi-stabilizer.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Glenn

Hey, I'm back!
We're back with the Kingbird and she now has a full wing-span. At present, I'm painting the fuselage....
Wings and upper body : silver
fuselage in between the windows: mid blue.
Lower fuselage up to windows : Midnight Blue
Also, there is a thin red line between the mid blue and midnight blue.

These seem to be the colours of Eastern, even back then.
Glenn

Glenn

OK, this is US Bombers 2 of 5 for 2010. What I'm making is, one of them that was never built!
Glenn

Brian da Basher

I can't wait to see what you do with that B-36, Glenn! YB-60, perhaps?
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher