Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Glenn on November 11, 2009, 06:16:54 PM
Stargazer, one to you!
Today, USN fighter #1 for 2010....and blind Freddy should work this one out.....just add wheels.
Glenn

You mean like this:

Oops, not a fighter...

Or maybe like this:

Or maybe I better stop hijacking this thread and see what you end up doing with this classic kit.

Bravo on a fine choice of whiff fodder, Glenn!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Yeah Brian...the lower one. Actually, the fighter version of the seaplane. Mine has the two machine guns between the cylinder heads and wheel undercart. As an added extra, the hook for landing on CV1. Construction is finished, now to paint her.
Today, Tophe...if you're there....the LR/PR 38M finished. Haven't done a 'in flight' photo...am working on a 'ground to air' photography unit that isn't finished yet.
Glenn

Logan Hartke

That's gorgeous, Glenn.  I did not think that would turn out so well.  Sort of like a predecessor to an XF-12 Rainbow.  The P-38 could carry some giant tanks, too.  Load up four of those tanks and it would not have a bad range, especially shutting down one engine for cruise.

Cheers,

Logan

Tophe

Wonderful LR/PR38M Glenn! :wub: :thumbsup:
Extra question: what is the meaning of LR/PR? Long Range Photo Reco?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

I think I made a Boo-Boo there, naming her Photo rather than Foto as I think the Americans use. Anyhow, you're right Tophe, Photo Recon.
Logan, as to 'tanks' I think I'll be adding a Tanker/Glider to sit behind the aircraft...an idea the USAAF had but never went through with.
Glenn

Glenn

Tophe

:thumbsup: Interesting: from front, it seemed the wings were a little swept back (leading edge) and from rear the view shows not this feature. Is the secret explaining: dihedral? A third view, horizontal from front, may explain. If this is possible, it would be greatly appreciated...

Glenn

Tophe, this old shot shows you the dihedral on the wing. I tried to continue the angle from the original wing to the new section.
Glenn

Tophe

Thanks for the explanation. And the radiators/cooling devices for external engines are also better explained by this view. Great! :thumbsup:

Glenn

Another shot of the Drahk Raider from B5
Glenn

Glenn

Back in the old days, we, here in OZ had two airlines...Ansett and TAA....but not any more. This is a TAA 727 promoting 'Central Australia', around the 1980's. The model is Airfix, the decals I think are Roo.
Glenn

Tophe

I have tried to correct my preliminary drawing of the LR/PR-38M... Is it better? Still to improve again? (Thanks if you can direct me with a photograph according to a similar angle - I will not be here for a few days, but I'd be glad to correct later)

Brian da Basher

That's one gorgeous 727, Glenn!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Yeah Brian, those TAA 'Central Australian' colours were very nice......today we are back with the wing from "Raiders...." Now with it's starboard wing in place, and am working on the port wing, (as I write this) and note the balance .....the fuselage is so leavy that it will be perfectly balanced when finished.
Glenn

Glenn

This is civil 3 of 5 for 2010. It was a twin engine, low wing all metal construction passenger aircraft....and that's all I'll say at the moment.
Glenn