Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acree

Capellis XC-12 (notice the forward-raked windscreen!)

Chuck

Stargazer

Acree, I think you are right! But isn't the fuselage too short for the Capelis?

Brian da Basher

Glenn

Stargazer you old dog, yes, a Barkley-Grow, and it will be finished with spats fixed undercart.
As for the Capellis C-12, I've already made that, from the movie "Flying Tigers", also 1/48. You'll have to go way back to find that model on this page.
Today, another shot of the TAA 727.
Glenn

Hey Stargazer....you must have as much info as I do....probably more....yes?

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on November 19, 2009, 06:16:16 PM
Hey Stargazer....you must have as much info as I do....probably more....yes?

I don't know... All I can say is I've been mad about U.S. aircraft since my earliest childhood and I'm a sucker for all the pre-war stuff... so T8P-1 is what came to mind when I saw the fuselage!!! So you see, I didn't research it, it was in my head... (though of course I DO have a nice collection of books and mags, like you probably do...)?

Ever considered doing an old Emsco? They were designed by Vultee just before he set up his own business and they are all very original monoplane designs...

Glenn

Stargazer...I just had a look at the Emsco....it had promise! You, like everyone else probably wonder where I get my ideas from? Actually, I wonder myself, sometines. I'll go through a book, just to fill in some time and suddenly there is a photo looking at me....and even if I've never heard of it before, doesn't mean it shouldn't be made,,,,right! I usually only pick something so obscure, it's hard enough getting a photo, let alone plans...but nothing has ever stopped me before.
Glenn

Stargazer

There was more than one Emsco model. Actually about 10 different aircraft. Got them all listed and sorted out at home (and Juptner is your friend! LOL)
Brilliant stuff in there. The Arctic Tern for instance was amazing for its time. The Emscos are largely forgotten now but they were pioneering stuff in terms of design and engineering.

Brian da Basher

A Barkley-Grow? Now that's one I never heard of.

I did find a pic though and she's a beauty!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Brian da Basher

Glenn

I can't believe one aircraft has caused so much interrest!
Glenn

Cobra

Sweet Looking Plane!!!!!!!! tell me that Plane Isn't a Cousin to the Lockheed Electra!!!!!!!! looks close to Being one,IMHO!!!!!!!! Hope to see More great work!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Stargazer

I seem to remember that the Barkley-Grow T8P-1's "only" claim to fame was to have been Admiral Byrd's aircraft on his polar expeditions.

apophenia

Almost all of the T8P-1s ended up in western Canada. The RCAF used them on wheels but, in airline use, you'd see them in the same float set-up as Byrd's aircraft.

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/NA008497.jpg?size=67&uid=C596D08C-395D-4E9D-9B2F-6B491A094E0C
http://www.aviastar.org/pictures/usa/barkley-grow_t8p.jpg

Glenn

Today we're back with the Douglas Y1B-7 but now, the wings are on.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

You're Y1B-7 is coming along very nicely, Glenn. I built one a while back from a vacform kit, but your approach is a lot more challenging! My hat's off to your skill and talent!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher