Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Being a huge fan of the P-36, I find your P-42 especially nice Glenn and the NEIAF markings and colors are the perfect compliment!

Your P-42 is one of my favorites!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

P.S. Any more pics of this beauty?

Glenn

Brian, the P-42 may be one of your favourites, but I don't think the USAAC would have agreed!

Today is an easy one, converting the USS Nautilus into the USS Tigerfish from the movie, "Ice Station Zebra". Using the Lindberg model, all I did was to revamp the leading top edge of the conning tower, only use two scopes and add new decals. The hard bit was the decals.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on November 28, 2009, 06:27:10 PM
Model : Hobbycraft P-36 converted to a P-42.
Very beautiful, thanks! :thumbsup: no one will ever dare (anymore) to say that radials are ugly... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

No Tophe, I've never rubished Radial engine aircraft, ie.....FW-190A/F, Jugs...and as for the P-36's, my favourites are the Hawk 75 and the Mohawk....but, today we are back with the P-42......
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Ahhh she's a beauty!!!
:wub: :wub:
Thanks for the bonus pic, Glenn! You made my day!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Today, the final shot of the T-6/Val from PT-109.....until I shoot her on the ground.
Glenn

Glenn

Remember the idea I had, to make a RN high speed Hydroplane.....well, here she is so far. As it's 32cm long, 1/72 would only make it about 75' in length.....so, she'll be either 1/100 or 1/144...
Glenn

Glenn

Today we're back with the P-52 with one of it's wings on. At present, both wings are on and am working on the nose intake.
Glenn

Glenn

Today we're back with the Heinkel Wespe VTOL fighter. This shot shows the panels around the ring and the wings?
Glenn

Glenn

In 1935, the USAAC put out tenders for a new designed fighter. Although they didn't get the nod, Wedell Williams design was looked at with much interest. The US Navy, who had plenty of money in their pockets, ordered five prototype and pre-production models to be test flown.
Originally designed as the XP-34, The navy named them F1W and were asigned to the new carrier USS Ranger where they were flown up until 1937.
The last remaining F1W can be found in the USN Aviation museum.

Laird pylon racer converted.
Scale : 1/32
Glenn

apophenia

Tophe

Conversion in 1/32? Congratulations! :thumbsup: :bow: (I suffer so much with my 1/32 P-38 turned glider with a faired canopy that I clap my hands admiring you Glenn).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Stargazer

Very nice FW!!! ("F1W" is not a standard designation for USN — If this is the first variant it should be FW-1...). Hope to see more pics of that bird!

Glenn

As to using a P-47 canopy, well yes, I did. Actually, I made the block template to get it vacformed but, while at the IPMS comp in August I saw these bins with vac canopies and found one that was close. Truth be told, the P-34 was the design idea for the P-47....ie, a low wing fighter, inward retracting undercart, and a BLOODY BIG engine up front. So, it did fly, maybe as something else......but!
Anyhow, a second view of her, colour this time.
Glenn

apophenia

Excellent choice on the canopy -- it really gives it that '30s feel.