Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Most excellent, Glenn! You've got a real knack for those inter-war aricraft!

Well done!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sequoiaranger

I like it.

PS--Sorry to be the one who has to break the news to you, but  "7" in the fuselage codes denotes "USS Wasp" (CV-7).

Air Group 4 aboard USS Ranger used "4", later "41" and "42".

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Glenn

Last shot for a while....and wrong markings, well...this is a 'what if' page.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Thanks for the bonus shot Glenn! Few things cheer me like seeing you build another "yellow wing".
Brian da Basher

P.S. You did some outstanding work on what looks like a very difficult cowling.

pyro-manic

That's a frankly bizarre-looking machine, Glenn! Nice bit of work. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Glenn

As I now have an F4B-4, thanks to one of you guys, I have now started the conversion to the F5B. This first photo, the cockpit shows that I modified the placement at the rear, so the pilot could actually look out side. The original pins to support the cockpit floor would have the pilot viewing the instrument panel and having to stand to see outside.
Also, the headrest has been removed and this shot shows it's almost ready to glue the fuselage halves together, At present, the fuselage has been assembled, new headrest, front cowling, (interwing struts) and the oleo leg mounting , also filled in the space for the lower wing that I won't need.
Glenn

Oh, by the way...Hasagawa !/32

Stargazer

"F5B"... as the Model 205? WOW! I can't wait to see the result!

Will you do it as the X271V demonstrator, or impressed as A8640?

Glenn

Stargazer...she'll be finished as a production model, USN colours.

Recently seen at "The Old Aerodrome" at Rhinebeck NY, this Fokker D-VIII/E-V scout from WW1. Flown by USAF (retired) Capt. Jack Harkness on the open 'fly-in' weekend August 2009.

Model: Verin rubber-band balsa model.
Scale : 1/20
Kit parts: Pilot/prop/wheels.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

That's one beautiful "Flying Razor" Glenn! Balsa and tissue paper you say? Few things are more impressive to me than an ability to work with such diverse media.
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Brian...I'll clear up the construction details. Using the bulkheads and stringers, covered one side with the thinnest balsa I could find, sanded smooth, then added the cockpit detail. Finding a figure 1/19 would be a bit hard, found a 1/20 mechanic..Fujimi, (I think) made sure he'd fit in place and assembled the other side. Once the fuselage was finished, bogged, sanded and coated with a layer of resin and undercoated. By the way, the struts are built through the construction and in through the wings. The wings are made from white foam (surfboards) and covered with paper. The decals were up-scaled from Roden 1.72 decals from their D VIII kit.
I'll show other shots of this model soon, but for today.....the F5B fuselage.
Glenn

Glenn

Over the Southern Alps, this Milford Sound Tours Islander takes in the sites.

Airfix Britten-Norman Islander'
Glenn

Tophe

This Islander is so perfect, are you sure this is a scale model? And is there a touch of what-iffery in it?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Yes Tophe...it is a 'what-if' photo. The backdrop isn't really New Zealand, it's the French Alps. But don't tell anyone!
Glenn