Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Going further inside asymmetry, I have posted this (on my asymmetric aircraft page http://cmeunier.chez-alice.fr/Asymm_addition.htm ), with credit to you Glenn, thanks again! :thumbsup: :
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe, I have only two words to describe those designs, "OH, SH**T!!"
Glenn

Glenn

OK, today we're back with civil 2 of 5, or what you can do to 'butcher' a Grumman Goose.
Glenn

Glenn

After what I'm building in 2010, there won't be any more. I feel that the whole of my life has been devoted to making models, and there has to be something more!
Anyhow, this will probably change, after I get out of this depressing state!!!!

Today we are with the Convair B-68, the next stage up from the Hustler. Never built, of course, I can't see where they stored the fuel, let alone the bomb load.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on December 24, 2009, 06:50:39 PM
After what I'm building in 2010, there won't be any more. I feel that the whole of my life has been devoted to making models, and there has to be something more!
Anyhow, this will probably change, after I get out of this depressing state!!!!
Poor Glenn, you are not alone. Here you have friends also... Of course modelling is not the only thing in the World and you may have friends from other parts of your personality, we all want that for you probably. But before giving up all, remember you had friends and fans here. If you give up anyway, remember your coming back would be welcome, always (probably). I had low moments too, from very unpleasant words mainly, and I think the balance is not making modellism the very center of the Universe, just a pleasant creative hobby among others. Your Photoshop skills, Glenn, are another talent, there are many ways, yes. Keep faith, dear...

Glenn

Tophe.....what does this tell you, I'm gay and spend most of my time modeling? That is depressing, is it not?
Glenn

By the way, all of my Whiff models that I've made in the last seven years, will eventually be dumped as well. I enjoy building them, and shooting them, but after that.....I don't even look at them!
Glenn

Tophe

Dear Glenn,
I respect your difference, as far as I am concerned, and even the ones disliking part of you (?) may appreciate some side inside you.
I am schizophrenic and paranoid, and I spend most of my time dreaming, writing, and a little modelling, I thought this was depressing. I was wrong. A smile may save someone. Gentleness. And even abnormalities may have their own richness, providing creation out of the boring normality. This year, unexpectedly, my mind succeeded in curing a 30-year old heart-pain. All is possible, hope remains or will be proven right.
Maybe modelling is not the best focus for you, maybe it is. All is possible. Try to feel well, simply, try to find your own way. In the meantime, we do love your models, that is all. This is not a jail, these are just smiles. ;D
--what-if/ill "Doctor" Tophe--

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on December 24, 2009, 06:50:39 PM
Today we are with the Convair B-68, the next stage up from the Hustler. Never built, of course, I can't see where they stored the fuel, let alone the bomb load.
Glenn

Amazing model! Congrats! Now I remember this design as being presented under the "Martin XB-68" designator and was really puzzled by that; now that the final XB-68 project has been proven to be the Martin Model 316, this alternate proposal makes A LOT of sense as a Convair. Do you have evidence of this? If so, I would LOVE to see it!

Glenn

Stargazer, AERO Book of US Bombers, B-1 to the Rockwell B-1. On Wikapedia, it ways that the XB-68 was to be a twin engine bomber but in the Aero, it showed it as a three engine model.
Today I'm back with the Strutter from the second Dinotopia book, now it has the back pads in place. I've been on this project for near 10 years, and it's still only a third finished.
Scale :1/16

Glenn

Glenn

Glenn

This is one of the Super Clippers designed in the late 1930's for the Pacific market....but not built.
This is the Convair design, although I think four engines should have been six!
Scale around 1/200.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on December 26, 2009, 07:25:55 PM
This is one of the Super Clippers designed in the late 1930's for the Pacific market....but not built.
Why do you say "not built"? This photograph is very prooving it has been actually built! ;D
Congratulations and thanks to the builder(s?)... :thumbsup: ;D

Brian da Basher

Your Super Clipper is most convincing Glenn! Displayed at a show, you'd have guys coming up and telling you stories about how their grandfather was a navigator on one!

The old style Pan Am markings are a great touch!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

"My granpappy was Co-Pilot on one of those airplanes, those were the days, sonny!"
Yeah, what a load of CRAP!
Anyhow, today we're back with the P-37.....or is it?
Glenn

Tophe

:wub: lovely P-37 (just a question: will the spinner remain like that or become parabolic, more elegant for my taste?)
Congratulations and thanks :thumbsup: :bow: