Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

apophenia

Quote from: Acree on January 20, 2010, 05:52:47 PM
Honningstad 5A?

Wow ... that's esoteric Glenn! For anyone else like me who'd never heard of this cute little 'boat before:
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1953/1953%20-%200012.html

Glenn

Yeah, I found a photo and data in an old William Green book of 'World book of Aircraft' 1954 edition and when making her, found that Flight info and plan......had to make it. Anyhow, once it's finished, then have to work out how to finish it. Oh, the problems one makes for one self!
Anyhow, today we are back with the Y1B-7 bomber of the USAAC with wings, tail and tailplane in place.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: apophenia on January 21, 2010, 05:57:58 PM
Quote from: Acree on January 20, 2010, 05:52:47 PM
Honningstad 5A?
Wow ... that's esoteric Glenn! For anyone else like me who'd never heard of this cute little 'boat before:
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1953/1953%20-%200012.html
Thanks Glenn to have given life again to this unknown pearl... :thumbsup:
Thanks Apophenia for this useful link (and I found near it a very rare in-flight photo of the XC-120 PackPlane) :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

And now for something completely different! You must remember this......to refresh your memory, this is the Convair XB-53 that was never built, and do you wonder why?
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Cobra

Tell me that B-53 Doesn't Look like it Belongs in Thunderbirds. Thanks for Posting,Hope to see more of Your great Work Soon!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: Dan

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Glenn

Back with civil 5 of 5, I think....well Stargazer, the cowling is round, meaning the aircraft has a radial engine. Any clues yet?
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the 'Travel Air' from a WW1 movie made in the 1930;s. As all those movies were in Black and White, no one knows how they were painted so mine is dk red and grey finish, so when I finish the shot it B&W it won't matter what scheme it is.
Glenn

Stargazer

A Kinner?

As for the U-2 based fighter, perhaps a CL-1400, or another Lancer development? (provided this is still Lockheed, which I'm not sure about). I need to see more...

Glenn

No, sorry the Kinner is the wrong time period, and the U-2 is something else. Today we are on to the Sci-Fi, with the MiG from Joe 90. Cobra, if you want it, send me your name and address on a PM and I'll send it, otherwise it's a trip to the dump.
Glenn

Cobra

Just sent a PM to you. Hope it's Not a Hassle sending to the USA. i am American!!!!!! thanks for letting me know!!!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]