Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Yeah, I know...another project! Anyhow, this is 5 of 5 Transport aircraft for 2011. It is scaled at 1/48, and yes...I do have a social life in a gay social club, and yes, I do separate them.
Glenn

Glenn

US Bomber 3 of 5 now with a cockpit.
Glenn

Acree

B-45 Tornado!  A favorite of mine.

Chuck

Glenn

You know Chuck, this has pissed me off for a long time.....models like the B-45 not being made into model kits! I can only think of two companies who made a B-45, Frog and Monogram, back in the 1950's. Both kits were small, Frog was around 1/140 sc and Monogram 1/240. The Monogram model was a set of three bombers as one set. (the others a complete set of USAF jets and the refueling set...KC-135 and B-47) But, why haven't Monogram/Revell made one since? Anyhow, at least I'll have a 1/48sc model of it. (once it's finished!)
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Great stuff Lynn ! Keep us posted on how they come along !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

OK, now the Finnmark looks more like an aeroplane. Only the engines and sponsons left, then painting and decals.
Glenn

Cobra

Looking Good,Glenn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you get the PM i sent you after getting the Mig-242 from You????? Keep up the Great Work!!!!!  :cheers:Dan

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 04, 2010, 04:11:46 AM
Mach 2 do a B-45 Glen

Surely, but would you want to introduce your daughter to one?  -_-

Glenn's 1/48 scale B-45 looks promising, what's the prognosis on that please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn

Not much has changed with the B-45 except for adding the rear gunners' canopy. It's solid, but does have the frame work marked. Anyhow, today I'm back with the Hydroplane and, as you can see the scale has changed. The control tower was a scoop from a laundry powder container and the weapon blocks are now 'Metal Storm'. It's scale now, lets say 1/350, depending what aircraft models I can get for it?
Glenn

Glenn

Today we're back with the XF-109...lets call her the F-109A, as it sounds better! This shows the fuselage with the side bulges, (intakes for the main engines) and being bogged and sanded. Boy, is it BIG!!!
Glenn

Stargazer

Hi Glenn! Sorry for not finishing the game. I was away from most of the topics on this forum for a few weeks, only found the time to post my own stuff and had to catch up with A LOT! I love the idea of the F-109 model (one of my all-time favorite unbuilt aircraft). I wouldn't have thought of it because I was thinking along the lines of actually produced aircraft, not projects. I wouldn't have found the Ago Ag 192 either, in fact although it did look German, I thought it could also have been Japanese... The Harlow was of course much easier to recognize... can't wait to see it progress!

I wholeheartedly agree with what has been said about some major aircraft not being offered by model-making companies. I honestly don't see the point of releasing an umpteenth version of the Spitfire, the Zero-sen, the Mustang or the Fw 190, considering that those who are sharp enough on these aircraft to tell the difference between these and existing models are probably seasoned modelers anyway and could just as well rework the existing kits! If we leave aside all the experimental aircraft (which I personally find much more interesting than the production models in many cases), there are still tens of valuable designs that went into production, have made aviation history and really would deserve to be found more often in plastic form...

To name but a few:

- Fairchild C-123 Provider
- Beechcraft 17 Staggerwing
- North American B-45 Tornado
- Consolidated B-32 Dominator
- Curtiss SNC-1 Falcon
- Douglas DC-5 / R3D
- Republic Seabee
- Bell 48
- Sikorsky S-50 / R-5
- Fairchild AT-21 Gunner
- Northrop A-17 Nomad / Douglas A-33
- Bell 61 / HSL-1
- Sikorsky S-38 Amphibion (and other Sikorsky flying-boats)
- Bellanca Airbus
- Fisher P-75 / P-75A Eagle
- McDonnell FD-1 Phantom

... and many more...
(I speak only of US aircraft because I know them better, but there are plenty of other examples in other countries!)

Glenn

Stargazer, yeah...I agree! With the models you mentioned, I do have a Glenco (e) model of a Republic SeaBee, although it doesn't have an interior. (decals to cover) As for the Sikorsky S-38.....I'm thinking of doing one in 1/48 Pan Am and there are so many more. I, for one, don't want the 1,253 model of a Spitfire, that's why I pick something meaty, unknown.....something to get the mind of the fellow Wiffers thinking! Anyhow...I've missed your input!
Today I'm back with Transport 5 of 5....I've started 1 of 5 and I know what 2 of 5 will be, but enough of that. With the windows and panels marked out, this one should be easy.
Glenn

PS... The Ago does look Japanese, doesn't it?

pyro-manic

That hydroplane is looking great, Glenn! I love the powder-scoop conning tower in particular. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Glenn

Hi guys...I'm back! First off with the Finnmark....now with engines!
Glenn