Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 20, 2010, 07:53:13 AM
That hydroplane is looking great, Glenn! I love the powder-scoop conning tower in particular. :)

Agreed - as a fan of found-object modelling, I heartily approve!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Glenn

This is my version of what a P-40 'heavy fighter' could look like. The only problem is, the more I constructed it, the more French it looked. And that, I don't understand?
Glenn

Cobra

Looking good, so far Glenn! Your P-40 has more of a British than a French look & Feel to it as i see it. Keep up the Great Work! Dan :cheers:

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on March 26, 2010, 07:42:55 PM...the more French it looked. And that, I don't understand?

Glenn: Maybe it's the tail-to-wing proportions (in a weird way that makes me think of a single-engined SE.100). Anyway,... is this going to be a turret fighter?

Glenn

Yeah, have added the rear gunner and m/g's and worked out what the turret canopy will look like. Yes, it does have that SE.100 look, don't it......but it reminds me of something else?
Anyhow, today we're back with the Harlow....now with a tail.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on March 26, 2010, 07:42:55 PM
This is my version of what a P-40 'heavy fighter' could look like. The only problem is, the more I constructed it, the more French it looked. And that, I don't understand?
Glenn
:wub: I love your twin-fin P-40
--Tophe, French (but no relation with this love ;D )--
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on March 27, 2010, 07:08:23 PM
Yes, it does have that SE.100 look, don't it......but it reminds me of something else?

An even bigger stretch ... the Arsenal-Delanne 10 with a reversed arrangement - low wing and high tail  :wacko:

Glenn

Don't remind me...I've built both of those 'weird' French aircraft.....no, I don't think my P-40 looks 'weird', maybe different, but not weird!
Anyhow, today we end this series with the old Revell 1/139 (no, I'm not joking!) C-130 Herc. The model is dated at 1959, and I bought this rare model for $3 at the last PX. What it will become, is for you'll to work out. It could be US, and then again...it could be Russian. Only time will tell.
Glenn

apophenia

'Nuff said Glenn  ;D  'Weird' is obviously in the eye of the beholder -- I love the look of both the SE.100 and Delanne 10. So, needless to say, I think your twin-tailled P-40 has heaps of potential too  :thumbsup:

Glenn

Hey mate, don't get me wrong, my favourite French car is a 2CV....so, yeah, I like 'the weird'...maybe they go with my lifestyle?
Anyhow, today we are back with the transport #5. Now with one of it's wings, it should make it easier to work out!
Glenn

Glenn

OK, maybe when I add the other wing, tail and tailplanes, engines and undercart...then you'll work it out?
Today, the B-45 now with it's tail gunners position.
Glenn

Glenn

Last for a bit...the Falcon vac-form TFX Beaufighter. She'll be finished as per instructions, so as you can see the upper surfaces are almost done. The 'B' type are being painted on, but will add decals over them, as I'll have to buy 1/48 RAF decals to cover the model.
Glenn

Glenn

This is the Guillow A-1 Skyraider. In the catalogue, it is stated at 1/24....it's not, it's 1/32. She won't be finished for some time, but it's funny....but with the Seamew, a Fairey Gannet and now the A-1....all balsa rubber band models, and all 1/32 sc, and all different model companies!
Glenn

Glenn

This is a Travel Air Mystery Ship, modified for film use during the 1930's. These markings don't exist, but if I shoot in B&W, who is to know.
Glenn

Glenn

OK, this is transport 1 of 5....an easy one, I'll even tell you the scale...1/144.
Glenn