Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Tophe.....draw away, actually I was thinking of the outer and inner engines as traction and the centre engines as pusher, or, the other way around? Confused yet, if not...explane it to me!

Today we are back with 'The Hero's of Wake Island'. Seen here, a very rare shot of a Bell P-52 over Hawaii, around 1941. Of the five airplanes that took to the air, over Wake, no pilots survived....can you work out why?
Glenn

Tophe

Wonderful P-52 picture, thanks. :wub:
I will draw your new B-36 invention away in my drawing topic, thanks for that idea also :thumbsup:
EDIT: I've done it at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20326.435.html Thanks again!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Last shot of the P-52 for a while...this time going into a dive.
Glenn

Glenn

Today we're back with 'The Hogwarts Express'...or at least, one carriage. At present, it has been undercoated, and will be finished sometime in August. Then I'll only have three of four carriages to go, depending on what movie you watch!
Glenn

apophenia

Glenn: Bell's P-52 looks just right in those early WWII markings.

IIRC, the prop was to be jettisoned in an emergency. Still no fun to bail out of!

Glenn

So, the props were to be blown off, 'I'd like to see that!'
Today I'm back with the A-1 Skyraider. With the cockpit and pilot finished, and now with it's canopy this A-1 is to have a 'make-over', into a AD-4W. Not sure which navy yet, USN, RN or French.....?

Model : Guillow 1/32sc Skyraider.
Glenn

Cobra

Glenn, Wasn't the Skyraider looked at by RAN? thought i heard mention of that Somewhere.Dan

Glenn

Dan, I'll have to look into that!
Today we're back with the third helicopter, a Huey. Actually, buying the Blackhawk was a mistake, as the Huey was the one they based the model on. I don't know for certain, but hell, it looks like it.
Glenn
Tamiya : 1/72

Glenn

After going through my 'unmade kits', I found a 1/72 Vista/semily Fairey Fulmar Mk 1. I don't know why I bought this kit, but didn't want to finish it off as it was built. So, with the help of an old Matchbox Hawker Tempest, I built the Fairey Frigate Bird Mk 11.
Now powered with a Bristol Cenurus 2500hp engine, certain mods had to be added. First I extended the tail and lower fuselage, beef it up a bit, and also a faring on the tail will be added later. More info as the project progresses.
Glenn

Tophe

interesting "improvements" (changes at least, good for us, maybe not for the users ;D )

Glenn

OK, back with the Huey....and she's a little different! Cut the fuselage off just behind the cockpit side windows but glued the cockpit in place with a bulkhead. Next added sides from the hatch forward. Extended the cockpit floor forward into a wedge, also the undersides are about 6mm deeper and the tail has been cut off. With the tail, it's as wide as the fuselage, so added triangles to the tails to form the shape and glue upsidedown, and in a downward sweep.
Glenn

NARSES2

I like the Fairey Frigate Glenn. I've had a very similar idea for an old Airfix Firefly and a Matchbox Tempest Centauras. Might even get built one day as the Firefly Mk VII or post war I suppose Firefly ASR 7 ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Go for it, with the Firefly....everything is open to the knife!
Today I'm back again with the Huey, this time with a forward shot. Now with the engines, intakes and tailpipes in place, and the rings to hold the rotor housings. At present, both rotor housings are made and am prepared to mount them.
Glenn

Glenn

Rear view. Now it's almost finished, I can't wait to start the 1/35sc model.
Glenn

Tophe

What?! >:( A V-tail Huey?! :angry: Hey, this would be WHAT-IF HERESY :angry: :angry:
No, "seriously", this is funny thanks ;D :thumbsup:
What about the anti-torque tail rotor? At the end of one part of the V?
or no anti-torque at all? either twin contra-rotating main-rotors? or jet driven free rotor? or mind-powered anti-torque power? or else? ;D