Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

When first seen, this replica was thought to be a Pitts Special repainted, as it was so small.
Glenn

Glenn

Wedell Williams XP-34 seen in USN markings, almost finished. And no, it wasn't built!
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on August 26, 2010, 07:39:07 PM
Wedell Williams XP-34 seen in USN markings, almost finished. And no, it wasn't built!
I disagree: this photograph, obviously scale 1, is/was prooving it was built, almost finished at least... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Stargazer

Some good stuff happening around here since I last visited... Sorry it took that long!

- Love the Islander diorama. Adds some much more to have little guys and cars next to a model...
- Love the Bell XP-52 too (one of my favorite unbuilt aircraft, anyway) but I think the paint is too shiny. Drab ought to be matte.
- Love the Barkley-Grow T8P1, and the Harlow PJC-1 is taking shape. Thanks for taking these magnificent unknowns out from oblivion!
- Absolutely adore the Curtiss Kingbird!
- Am intrigued by the Samson and can't wait to see the finished stuff...
- Special mention for the R3C racer, which is not only excellent, but also your best paint job so far!

Also, I can't wait to see the Curtiss Blackhawk and Douglas B-7 finished...

Keep up the good work, Glenn!  :thumbsup:

Glenn

Nice to see you back, Stargazer! Today I'm back with the Ago, now it has tailplanes. I think when I took this photo, she only had the starboard tail strut in place, well...the other one is now in place and am now doing the engine narcels.
Glenn

Glenn

Stargazer, this one is for you! The F-87 now has a wing.....no, not the whole wing, just the port half. Getting there.
Glenn

Stargazer

A true beauty in the making... and so is the Ago! ;-)

Glenn

Thank you Stargazer.....that says alot! Today, something completely different! This is a Thames Dredge from an early 1970's 'Model Boat' magazine. The model is scratch-built and 1/72sc. Scrubbing up at 16.25" long, (410mm) built from balsa and plasticard, has a long way to go. When I shelve it this time, all the deck will be covered minus the structures. Big job!
All for now,
Glenn

Glenn

Seen gaining altitude over Omaha, this B-36C heads off to Alaska sometime during 'The Cold War'. As you probably know, the 'C' was never built....pity, so much nicer than the 'pushers'.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Second shot, this time from underneath. I've been delayed 'cause I wasn't well. Spent the last couple of days in bed, as far away from the computer as cound be!
Glenn

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Glenn

Today I'm back with Samson. As you can see, construction is almost finished less the weapons' pods and the farings on the forward section of the rotor housings. (?) Then will come the hardest part......painting it. The thing is, I don't know what colour scheme it is,

1. Blue/Green Grey?
2. Light Olive?
3. or a mix of RLM 02/and light Blue Grey.
Glenn

Tophe

Nice model. :thumbsup: Any colour you mentioned would be fine.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland