Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

All looking good Glenn!  There's a 1/48 Bubble Fighter due out from Fantastic Plastic:
http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Bubble%20Fighter%20Catalogue%20Page.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Glenn

This started with a P-40 minus its engine, (from the twin P-40 model) so decided to turn this one into a turbo prop version. The more I worked on the cowling, the more it looked like a DB so, its a field modification. A P-40 with a DB engine from a 109F.
Its almost ready to shoot now, doesn't look too bad in Desert AF markings.
Glenn

Glenn

You know how much a Babylon 5 fan I am, well....this is another one! Always wanted to make one, so found the episode on tape, tried to freeze it, found it on the web, What you are looking at is the forward/crew quarters/ cockpit section of this ship. Looking at the B5 site, worked out the shape and looked for something that I could use. In the photo is one half already done, two layers of glass with the inside lined with balsa so the shape has a flat base. The 'thing' I used as a template is a 'curved spatula'...looks like a large spoon with slots on it. I use it all the time in the kitchen, for all types of food. First, filled in the 6 slots, (plasticene) smoothed and covered the inside with mould release, and glassed. What you see is the first coat cured and the spatula outline marked with felt pen.
Model :DRAHK Raider
Oh, yeah, once removed, clean out the spatula, for kitchen use!
Glenn

cthulhu77

Innovation at it's whiffing finest !!!

Brian da Basher

You should go for the household materials trifecta and include some macaroni and a lock of your wife's hair.

That casting looks flawless!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Brian, what woman would have me? Today we're back with the Stampe from 'The Blue Max'. When I added the decals to the wings, that was great..went on without a hitch, well, the same can't be said about the fuselage! With the odd shapes from cutting our the cowling, the line of the cockpit and the nick below the tailplane and wing root, used a template in tissue paper then marked out both sides and applied the first decal! BOOM!!! ended up in three pieces...took a while to join, saying all these neat words. When I did the other side, I varnished it first, applied, and this time ended up in four pieces! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!
Looks ok though.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

I don't think I've ever seen lozenge turn out better than yours, Glenn! Seems your "incantations" had an effect!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

We're back with the EVA pod from 2001:A Space Odyssey. With this pic, I've made the side pieces, and have added the hand holes along the base. Two forward, two aft. Next, a tough bit, the back plate and steps.
Glenn

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Glenn

First of all, that DB/P-40 looks grand, I hope mine stands up to it.
This model is a Lancaster, but won't end up one. I wanded into the hobby shop in mid December and was asked (at the counter) if I'd like this Lancaster model. It seems this 'plonker' bought it, started building it, but found it too hard, and took it back....'did I want it?' (as they couldn't resell it) What a dumb question to ask! So, with a price of $35, I took it home for $5.....

Glenn

After working on her for two months, enough was enough! All I have to do is to add the decals...reg and Reindeer emblem on the tail.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Outstanding, Glenn! A real beauty!!! The biplane tail is awesome!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

If you hadn't worked this one out, its a 'Durango 95' from the movie "A Clockwork Orange'' The model beside it is a dicast 1/43sc where the big one is 1/12th.
The model is built from fibreglass around the chassis of an R/C car kit. The cockpit is plastic, and is as close to the real Adams Bros Probe 16 as I could get. By the movie, the cockpit looks close to the colour but what colour the body is....? I was on a Clockwork page the other day asking questions. This is about 5 years work, and once the body is finished, then I'll be looking for a vac-former to do the canopy.
Glenn