Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on March 27, 2011, 07:46:44 PM
Wish me luck....I'm going to need it!
Yes we do. Have luck, Glenn... :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

The Finnmark flyingboat was built at the end of the 1940's when 'boats' were a thing of the past. Starting as a prototype, the Canadian government were interested in the design from the start and ordered ten of them for S/R work for the Pacific and Atlantic coasts. These photos were taken from their base in Gander in the mid 1950's.
Glenn

Model: Butchered from a Lindberg Grumman Goose.
Scale : 1/48
Colour Scheme : Overall...silver with orange/red panels to the tail serfaces, nose and outer wing areas. Under hull and sponsons, inner cowlings and A/G panel : black.
Decals : From Hobbycraft 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury.

Glenn

Flying low over the Canadian coastline this Finnmark looks for a disabled cabin cruiser.
Glenn

Tophe

apophenia

Love the RCN Finnmark Glenn  :thumbsup:

In the RW, it was the RCAF that flew SAR and maritime patrols. But doesn't it make so much more sense having the Navy flying the flyingboats!? BTW, most of the RCAF Geese (sp?  :o) flew on with small coastal airlines. Easy to imagine the Finnmark in Air BC livery too  ;D

Glenn

After WW2 the Royal Navy was looking at a twin engine Naval Recon/A/S aircraft for their carrier force. They could have bought the new USN Trackers/Nepturnes but decided on their own designs. The Hawker Siren was their first choise. Built around two Hawker Sea Furies, this new aircraft was to become the new A.S.Recon aircraft for the FAA.
Design stated this aircraft as an asymetric, twin engine aircraft built for carrier use. This is the first 'model' design for the 'Siren'.
Glenn.

Models used : 2x PM, Sea Fury fighters, 'butchered'!

Tophe

Both twin-plane and asymmetric? This is paradise! :thumbsup: :bow:
Glenn, you are magic! :thumbsup:

McColm

Glenn

You know, I originally bought the single seater Sea Fury for it's decal sheet, while building the Frigate Bird. Then a 'gay thought' hit me..."Why not," I thought.....
Anyhow, today...shot 3 of 4 with the Finnmark, and in this photo you can see the sponsons.
Glenn

Glenn

I've tried to add a photo to this page on the Additional Options and can't seem to add a photo?
What gives?
Glenn

Tophe

No more picture handling here (for awhile? or forever?), we use Photobucket or equivalent links, with {IMG} and {/IMG} links. That works. See http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,32096.15.html

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on April 10, 2011, 07:38:58 PM
I've tried to add a photo to this page on the Additional Options and can't seem to add a photo?
What gives?
Glenn

Yup the Uploader is full Glenn, follow Tophe's link

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

I am sad to announce you that Glenn found too uneasy the external procedure to upload pictures and wrote to me, saying he will not come here again.
I may post the last picture he sent me with this message, but Photobuket is in maintenance this morning.
Sorry, sadly. :-\

Tophe

Photobucket's back: here is the "Olympus1 German 4seater" picture Glenn sent as farewell...

Glenn, if you ever want to come back, you'll always be welcome...

Glenn