A Lanc on floats, now there's an idea!!

Well there is Robert's (aka kitnut617) outstanding Avro Nottingham:

More

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Quote from: Glenn on July 10, 2011, 07:17:07 PM
I did build a Lanc flyingboat once and it was the most ugly thing ever. Like me in a bikini! YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Glenn

Would that be the Avro Penzance you are refering to?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Glenn

I don't remember what I called it, 's**t' would have been better! That floatplane needs a catapult, and a 'super Battleship' to launch it from.....yes!
Today, the F-109 which is getting close to painting. I bought a Lindberg F 11 F the other day, just for the pilot, then realised what a great 'what iff' model it could be. At this point, I was wondering what country would be silly enough to buy this VTOL fighter, and the answer hit me.................NATO!

Glenn

NARSES2

Interesteing to see who you choose for the F.109 Glen - I gave it to Canada  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Nah, West Germany....think of how many F-104's they bought, and lost!
Glenn

Glenn

Today I'm on the Harlow four seater finished, and in flight. At present, I'm adding the undercart and finally putting it away.

Glenn

Stargazer

Very nice PJC !! Can't wait to see the F-109 finished, too...  :thumbsup:

McColm

That's a great Avro Nottingham, I'll have to finishoff some of my Whiffs first to make some space.

Glenn

Back in the mid 1960's, when they made the movie, "Those Magnificant Men.......", Model Aircraft brought out one of their monthly mags with full details and plans of the flying machines from the movie. I have always been in love with the Antoinette, so had to build one. Upscaling the plans to 1/48, built the wings, fuselage and tail units in thin writing card, and adding the rib and control surface details. The spars are piano wire and the strut support and undercart supports are Evergreen. Control wires are the thinnest piano wire I could find, and the only 'kit' parts are the engine, pilot and wheels.

Glenn

Glenn

Final 'air to ground' shot before I set-up a ground diorama.

Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Glenn

Hobbes

Glenn, you know you can edit your posts if e.g. posting a picture doesn't work, right?