Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Glenn

I'm back with Samson from Avatar, this time with a few 'Air to Ground' shots.

Glenn

McColm

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Glenn

With it's almost success in the Schneider Cup, the Macchi Castoldi MC 72 was converted into a fighting machine.
Removing the floats and adding wing struts and fixed spatted undercart, the new Italian fighter was born. From the ashes of the racing seaplane, the Phoenix was born. The only war this fighter was used in was the Spanish Civil War, and it was taken out by a Royalist I-16.

Glenn

Glenn

Sorry Stargazer....not yet! Today a rear shot of Samson.

Glenn

Glenn

Back with the Tornado, B-45. This monster is 1/48 and the starboard wing is glued in place.

Glenn

NARSES2

Didn't realise it's 1/48th Glen. It will be rather large  :blink:

Interesting photo with it showing your construction techniques
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Yeah, I hope the ceiling doesn't cave in, when I mount her from the ceiling!
This is the old box for the M-24 Chaffee light tank and I'll be doing one from Battle of the Bulge. Not one of my favourite movies, except for the Chaffee's!

Glenn

PS The wingspan of the B-45 will be 23 inches, less fuel tanks.

Glenn

I've had this 'MeatBox' for a while now, and often wondered what to do with it, but if you read what is written on the left side, it will tell you.

Glenn

Stargazer

"Skimmer"?? Could that be a floatplane version of the Meteor?

sequoiaranger

>With it's almost success in the Schneider Cup, the MC 72 was converted into a fighting machine.<

Yup! Since the Pope is Italian (or WAS in those days), the MC 72 is selected for the Papal Air Force:

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Glenn

At least you Macchi served God, mine died! I love that model.....only one question, how long was the runway? There ain't much room at the Vatican!!
This is the box art for the Fokker D.VII I'm working on. So far the fuselage, tail, tailplanes and struts, skid and lower wing are finished. At present am reproducing 1/18sc Lozenge to the upper of the lower wing. Oh, joy!

Glenn

Stargazer

Glenn, you didn't answer on the "Skimmer" bit. Was I right then?  ;D