Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Glenn

Three, if you count Henry VIII....The 'Skimmer', well I liked the name as it is a rock that skims over a pond when thrown and two, a Meteor that passes close to the Earths' atmosphere and 'skims' along. I saw one about 20 years ago, and never forgot it....amazing, at the dead of night, black sky and suddenly..pow, pow, pow! What a beautiful sight!
My 'skimmer' will be a RN/FAA fighter, 1946 in FAA markings with an arrester hook, rockets and fuel tanks.

Today, the 1/16 Tiger with the turret floor finished. I have weathered it since this photo and even marked the water cans with white crosses.

Glenn

Glenn

This shot of the Tiger turret shows the inside finished with the left turret side (2 pieces) screwed in place. Also note the discolouration inside the turret walls. 'A bit of weathering.'
When the model came out, we received part 1 and then p.3 and although p.2 arrived at some newsagents....mine didn't! One thing about 'a tank' is that the turret is independant of the body so, as we are now on the body....the turret top (part 2) will arrive eventually so I can work on parts 2 to 10 and complete it.

Glenn

Glenn

Pan Am in her glory days. Boeing Stratocruiser over 'The Big Apple' around 1950.
The model is Minicraft, 1/144.

Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Glenn on July 24, 2011, 08:56:54 PM
With it's almost success in the Schneider Cup, the Macchi Castoldi MC 72 was converted into a fighting machine.
Removing the floats and adding wing struts and fixed spatted undercart, the new Italian fighter was born. From the ashes of the racing seaplane, the Phoenix was born. The only war this fighter was used in was the Spanish Civil War, and it was taken out by a Royalist I-16.

Glenn

Ooooooohhhh! Love those SPATS!!!!
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Back with the Aero Commander this time with the port wing. I know it looks like it's too far down the fuselage but it's built like that.

Glenn

Glenn

This is the Sikorsky S.38A fuselage finished. Not sure how I'm going to finish her, U.S. Army/ USMC/ Pan American........all depends on decals.

Glenn
Scratch built 1/48.

Stargazer

I am such an S-38 lover that I'm dying to see it finished!!!  :wub: :wub:

Glenn

Yeah Stargazer...the S.38 is moving along, but will be a while. I'd like to do an S.42 eventually. (if I live that long)
Today I'm on a 1/72 model of the Golden Hind, made from wood. I found that making certain parts from plasticard was easier, and a bit more of a challenge. It's another 'long time project'!

Glenn

Stargazer

Wow. Just out of curiosity, how many models/projects do you have on the shelves at this point in any degree of progression?

Glenn

Well, more than 25, less than 100? Some jobs might be awaiting painting, others gluing....can't stand around waiting for them, work on something else! I made a list a while ago, some things on that list have been finished, and replaced with something new. I'm only 63, I have a few years in me to finish most of them.

Remember the 1/32 Lancaster? Well, here it is in its basic form. With the weekly editions, I am up to 46 and the last one I bought was 63...a bit behind. No rush, as I'm on other projects at the same time.

Glenn

Glenn

Remember the Ar 196 box art I showed you guys a few pages ago......well this is it. As you can see, it's no longer a 196 and I won't tell you what it now is, you can tell me!

Glenn

NARSES2

Glen you get a Gold Star just for patience with that Lancaster :thumbsup:

The 196 mods are interesting, I'll have to have a think
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.