Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

And now for something completely different! I bought a 1/400 sc model of HMS Victory a couple of years ago at the PX with the thoughts of only building it one way, "The Fighting Temeraire". As they were sister ships, (or as near as) all I had to do was to just build the basics, as she was off to the 'knackers yard'. So, with most parts still in the box, and with the masts cut down, it just fell into place. The tug is scratch built, but looking at the painting...there is a boat along side the port bow, that looks like a Dutch fishing boat, with the extended keel on its port side...anyone, any ideas?
Glenn

Glenn

Don't worry 'happy campers', only six more to go before I show you something finished.This will end up a DALEK saucer from the movie 'Invasion of Earth'. Don't know what scale, only that its 10.5 inches dia. Construction is fibreglass and MDF and a bit of PVC thrown in...can't put a time as to 'when it will be finished'..how long is a piece of string?
Glenn

Glenn

After this...only four to go...This is a Curtiss Sandpiper. It was a Curtiss Helldiver..but that was too bland, this will be different!
Model :Rareplanes Curtiss Helldiver
Scale :1/72
Glenn

Joe C-P

Quote from: Glenn on October 13, 2008, 12:33:05 AM
And now for something completely different! I bought a 1/400 sc model of HMS Victory a couple of years ago at the PX with the thoughts of only building it one way, "The Fighting Temeraire". As they were sister ships, (or as near as) all I had to do was to just build the basics, as she was off to the 'knackers yard'. So, with most parts still in the box, and with the masts cut down, it just fell into place. The tug is scratch built, but looking at the painting...there is a boat along side the port bow, that looks like a Dutch fishing boat, with the extended keel on its port side...anyone, any ideas?
Glenn

Hey, there's a great idea!  :thumbsup:

I'm looking at the painting online, so I can't see the details one would in person, but I would interpret that as a large rudder right aft. It's single-masted with a fore-and-aft sail, and _might_ be clinker-built, but this is a painting, not a photograph. I'll see if I can find any images of a similar real craft online.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Glenn

JoeP, thanks for that....I thought you'd know!

Today's model is one of the Turkish Albatros C. III's converted for the movie "Lawrence of Arabia". Actually, there were at least three Tigers converted for the movie....a single seater apparently wasn't used! Mods include, false cylinders and exhaust pipe, on the top of the cowling, extended tail, inverted 'V' strut behind the upper wing down to the back of the rear gun platform, and WW1 style open wheels and tires. The colour scheme appears to be doped linen under surfaces and a mix of Dark Purple and a mid Browny Grey, upper surfaces. Then, over paint with a 4" brush of a lt Brown colour to give a weathered finish.
Model : Smer (Merit) Tiger Moth
Scale :1/48
Glenn

sotoolslinger

MMMMMMMM PURPLE :thumbsup:That is a cool one right there :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Glenn

JoeP, if you look at the painting, you will notice there is another tug on the rear port side behind the other boat. In the painting, one can only see the shadow outline....but it's there!
This will be the last of these projects...for a while. This is the Heller 1/48 Stampe and will be finished as a Pfaltz DIII from 'The Blue Max'. Its been sitting in its box for over two years, while I was looking for the lozenge decals....the only delay now, is a 1/48 pilot.
Glenn

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Glenn

This is a North American/Martin B-25/6...for want of a better name!
Built as a prototype to test the design and flying characteristics of a 'make shift' model to coincide with the B-17/24 marriages. Turning the aircraft into a shoulder wing, medium fighting bomber.
Models and parts used....
Fuselage and tail assembly : ITALERI B-25B/C
Wings and Engines : Airfix B-26 B/C
New model..N.A.M. B-25/6
Scale : 1/72
from parts left over from making the B-28.
Idea : came to me after a Hahn Light!
Glenn

Glenn

This is another Dinotopia model of a six leg crab like walking model...it is scaled at 1/16 and is built from fibreglass. The legs are made from a rubber mould and are cast in resin. It's about a third into the construction.
Glenn

sotoolslinger

FREAKY ;D It is pleasant to know there is someone weirder than me :wub:
I amuse me.

Glenn

Back to the Czech racer...now with its top wing on and modified. On the original B.21, the top wing was shorter than the lower, well..not any more! The 'interplane struts' are singles and the main struts are now 'I' in shape.
Glenn

Just call me Ray

Quote from: Glenn on November 03, 2008, 11:30:58 PM
This is another Dinotopia model of a six leg crab like walking model...it is scaled at 1/16 and is built from fibreglass. The legs are made from a rubber mould and are cast in resin. It's about a third into the construction.
Glenn

Ok, now THAT is pretty brilliant!
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Glenn

Thanks Ray, Jim will be pleased! Todays' shot is the Horste again..for a second look. Pilot, passengers, all windows, and the tail units. Not sure how to finish her off, Suez, French Indo-China...yeah, the scheme will be the same, knowing the French!
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Having built an Avia B.21 myself, I find your modifications to it most impressive indeed Glenn! I'm really looking forward to seeing it completed.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher