Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on February 06, 2009, 11:45:56 PM
After working on her for two months, enough was enough! All I have to do is to add the decals...reg and Reindeer emblem on the tail.
Glenn
Uh, do you mean this incredible beauty of yours WAS a Lancaster, in a previous life? (or have I understand wrongly? sorry). It would confirm you are a genius, Glenn...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

No Tophe, she's a movie aircraft, scratched from balsa, the Lanc is a different model altogether.
This next shot is the old Monogram Lockheed Super 'G' and I'm converting her to an old Constellation. This was 'in the hard basket' from the moment I started cutting off the excess nose and tail. Old plastic doesn't cut, it shatters!
Eventually, you'll see the shorter model with its 'short' fuselage...'shorter' rear fuselage and 'shorter' wings. A cow of a job, but once all that was done, and thinning out the rear fuselage from behind the wing to the tails....it looked OK.
Glenn

Glenn

This is the second shot of the DRAHK Raider from Babylon 5. At this point, both halves have been attached and the second layer added. the forward section is not covered as this is the cockpit (?) and, when finished is an electric blue/green colour. The ridges along the backbone and repeated on its mid sides and then on the under surfaces. Long way to go, but its getting there!
Glenn

Tophe

Glenn, is the marking below ("Bv-141 pod") related to this model? You know I love asymmetric inventions of yours... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

No, sorry Tophe...that base was a photography stand for a model I was doing for the 'What If Asymetric' page before I met you guys. My dad would be proud of me, "never throw anything away!"
Glenn

PS....it was a 141 with the cockpit pod at the end of the starboard wing.

Glenn

Now this started its life as a Heller, 1/72sc Amiot 143 bomber...and as I already had one, didn't want another.
As the model was given to me, I couldn't put me foot through it, it had to be built. Now, the reasons it needed a change...1. it was Heller 2. I wanted to improve the general shape (?) and 3...it was Heller! Its now a 1/48 Fokker Universal B-8D which entered service with the USAAC in 1929 based in Hawaii, Wake Is. and at Clarke Field.