Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

JHM, the XB-30 is finished less the undercart. Once I add a bit of photoshop to the shot, you'll see it in flight.
Tophe, the fighter from 'Lost in Space' well the wing rotated around the certre core. The core held the cockpit and powerplant and in a battle situation, the wing (or fuselage) would rotate around the other. Actually, I thought the movie was 'crap', but that Bubble fighter was really sexy!
Glenn

Glenn

Remember the StatFury I was scratchbuilding.....well here it is again! With the Monogram 1/72 model at the base, and the 1/35 on its stand. Once the stand is finished, the control surfaces, and forward screen and a paint job. I don't have decals for it, that scale but have worked out what markings will finish it.
Glenn

Glenn

When is a Camel not a Camel?
After I've bought it!
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the Camel for a moment....the model to the left is a scratch built bi-plane and the kd model to the right is the Camel, now butchered. Both are together, cause they belong together.
Glenn

Glenn

Back to Myra, (FarScape) with its port side covered in raised panels. Haven't done the starboard side as yet, this side took two months to finish, and a few slabs!
Glenn
PS.......happy everything is back to normal!

Glenn

As you can see, the EVA pod is slowly getting there. With the rear now under construction I only need a couple more years to finish her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glenn

Glenn

This time around, with Huey...I've only worked on the 1/5th sc. template rather than it with the full size model. At this point, everything is on the 1/5th model less the arm, cables and legs and painting...of course. Using the video, photo reference and record cover it has now come to a stop 'till next time.
Glenn

Glenn

On the photo of the Camel, with the two models on top of the box, well this is the one on the left. I'm not saying what it is, only to say it's a 'mystery ship'......and if you can't work that out, there's something wrong with you!
Glenn

Glenn

As promised a while ago, the B-30 or by it's other name '1 of 4'. As its the old Monogram kit, the scale is 1/128th and will go with nothing else. Tomorrow, another view.
Glenn

Glenn

The other shot of the B-30....the next photo will be a floatplane I think you'll like!
Glenn

Tophe

Dear Glenn, I thank you a lot to correct lies in books: I have read everywhere that the XB-30 has NEVER been built. Your very true photographs are proving this is wrong, shame on writers, and glory to you dear ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

It's strange you know...but I thought you guys would work it out...but you didn't! Early on on this page I showed you two shots, one of a Blenheim mk IV and a set of floats. Well, the result is what's before you, a Bristol (Fairchild) Bolingbroke III floatplane. All you Canadians should be ashamed!
Glenn

Glenn

A bit of a change now with a Greek Galley. Back in the 1970's in a series of Airfix Magazines were plans of ancient warships for war gaming, the plans were there with the ships' actual size. I have three under construction, all 1/72 scale. Construction is of fibreglass and Evergreen detail. Big job now shelved till next year.
This will be the second last shot for a while, with the buying of a new computer on the weekend, I'll be learning how it works...like teaching an Apeman how a fire works.
Three important things happened this year, my vans' 110k service, the new computer and the third....I'll get to that with the Rolls.
Glenn

Glenn

Remember the three bits of balsa, '2 of 4', well this is the fuselage after a month. Once the canopy and clear nose panels are done, the tail and wings.... at present, the tail is on and am working on the wings.
Glenn

Glenn

Now, I hope I've done this right!!! If I have, this is a photo of the Curtiss Sandpiper finished....if I've stuffed it up, better luck tomorrow!
Glenn