Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Last shot of the SandPiper....to think it started off as a HellDiver.
Glenn

PS The new computer is fan-bloody-tastic!

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on June 01, 2009, 08:43:14 PM
PS The new computer is fan-bloody-tastic!
It's not the computer that explains all, but your own skills mainly I think (the computer just helps)... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Love the Sandpiper Glenn! You did an excellent job on that Navy paint scheme!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

I must be one of the luckiest guys around. After the Lancaster, it happens on a regular basis. Early April, I entered the hobby shop and Matthew, behind the counter said, "Glenn...have I got a deal for you!" and hands me this Hasagawa Tomcat. Opening the box, realised it had been started, and the modeller(?) had returned the model 'cause it was too hard to built. The joke was on him, as he'd assembled all the hard bits already! This model has since been finished, but not as a F-14 Tomcat.
Glenn

Captain Canada

Holy Smokes, Lynn...you've been busy ! Love the B-30, the twin P-40 thing and looking forward to seeing more of the Lanc and Hustler thing !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Glenn on May 25, 2009, 07:18:04 PM
It's strange you know...but I thought you guys would work it out...but you didn't! Early on on this page I showed you two shots, one of a Blenheim mk IV and a set of floats. Well, the result is what's before you, a Bristol (Fairchild) Bolingbroke III floatplane. All you Canadians should be ashamed!
Glenn

I've got one of those on the go too Glenn, been working on the floats off & on for some time though.  I got a nice 3-View of it from John Adams (Aeroclub) to use.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Glenn

Yeah, the Bolingbroke looks good now in Swedish markings....finished shot, eventually! This time we have '3 of 4', starting with a hobbycraft B-47. As there were only 5 varients of this aircraft, the model that was never made should be easy to work out.
Glenn

Glenn

Remember the Sopwith Camel, well here it is now! The wings and fuselage are now shorter, the tailplane extended. Any clues yet?
Glenn

Glenn

OK, back to the 'Mystery Ship', there, I've told you what it is! Now with the fuselage finished and the starboard lower wing in place...its starting to look like something.
Glenn

Tophe

Yes, keep it like that: finish but no other half-wing! Asymmetry is more fun! (joke, do your own project dear ;D)

kitnut617

Quote from: Glenn on June 04, 2009, 07:11:13 PM
Remember the Sopwith Camel, well here it is now! The wings and fuselage are now shorter, the tailplane extended. Any clues yet?
Glenn

Umm! Let's see now ---- erm!----  looking at your 'posted' picture Glenn, I'm guessing it's a Thomas Morse Scout   :rolleyes: ;D  although I wouldn't have really known had I not 'looked' at your posted picture
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Glenn

Yes, it is a T.M. Scout. Using plans from a 1970's Scale Modellers mag on war movies of the 1930's, ie Dawn Patrol, and the rest, using the Camel was easy, the Mystery Ship has been enjoyable!
Second shot of the Scout, gun sight and head rest added.
Glenn

Glenn

OK Tophe, its here! This is the 'Long Range Photo Recon-38M'. This is what you get, when someone like me marries two P-38's together. The model is 1/48, and if it were real would have a span of 76 feet and a length of over 45 feet.
Glenn

Tophe

:wub: I clap my hands so much I guess you can hear them in Australia... :thumbsup: :bow:

Glenn

Early this year, a guy at the hobbyshop asked me if I had any use for some old car models.? So, what I ended up with was a D'berg town car and a Rolls Royce ROADSTER....this one. Knowing I'd butcher them, he left me to it, and this is the result of the Rolla. When he saw it, he asked how I could destroy such a beautiful car. My answer, 'you don't have to be mad, but it helps!' He said that there had to be something more to it than that, and I said, 'well...I'm gay!' as he answered, 'That's it, the X factor!'
Turning a Roadster into a Pick-up truck is how my mind works.
Glenn