Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Glenn

Although I've named this 'tiger tank', it would be the worst 'Hollywood' model I've seen for a while. Made for the movie "Night of the Generals", this started off as a ZVEZDA T34/76, (1941~42) with open wheels. The model is 1/35 and is crude by most standards, although that doesn't matter much as when finished, you won't see much of it. This first photo shows the bow, (the front) being converted. Having the movie on video and having the movie programme was good, having it on DVD would have been better. To date, the model is in running condition, tracks in place and side skirting....haven't started the turret as yet.
Glenn

Logan Hartke

Oh awesome.  I love movie armor.  I'll be watching this one.

Cheers,

Logan

Glenn

A few years ago, I was working on a Westland Hill flyingboat.....remember? Well, its been finished for a while now, but not shot...so, here it is, the Westland Hill Pterodactyl flyingboat. Of course this aircraft was never built, but if it had been it would have been in British West Indies Airlines, as shown here.

Model construction : scratch built/E'green plastic with Airfix B-24 props
Scale : 1/72

Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on June 16, 2009, 07:25:52 PM
Well, its been finished for a while now, but not shot...so, here it isGlenn
NO, please don't shoot down that BEAUTY from the sky... Oh so nice :wub: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

This will be my last shot for a while as next I have to work out how to download my photo card into the new computer using the 'card reader'. A bit like Ugg the caveman talking to HAL 9000. If any of you guys in Canada or the US hear a scream, west of you.....don't worry, it will only be me!
Glenn

Glenn

I had this talk with Hal, and it was easy....so, we're back with 2 of 4. As of this moment, its painted and all panels/controls are marked and she's ready to fly.
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the Bolingbroke, in its Swedish markings. Not finished at this stage....but getting there!
Glenn

Glenn

Remember I told you guys about the old 1/25 Monogram cars I had been given, well....already having one green 1932 D'berg 'J' town car, now I had two! So, what to do with them? If I'd have had any sense, I'd have put my foot through them, but, you know me.....! I've called it 'The Big D', not as in Harry Potter as Dudley couldn't afford to buy it, let alone run it, no, it just seemed right!
Took the idea from Thunderbirds 'FAB 1' and the beast from 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'....
Glenn

Glenn

Back with '4 of 4'. With the fuselage, tail and wings done...all now are the two other engines. I'll start to name her about now, she's the XB-?
Glenn

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Quote from: Glenn on June 21, 2009, 07:27:50 PM
Remember I told you guys about the old 1/25 Monogram cars I had been given, well....already having one green 1932 D'berg 'J' town car, now I had two! So, what to do with them? If I'd have had any sense, I'd have put my foot through them, but, you know me.....! I've called it 'The Big D', not as in Harry Potter as Dudley couldn't afford to buy it, let alone run it, no, it just seemed right!
Took the idea from Thunderbirds 'FAB 1' and the beast from 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'....
Glenn

Very cool!  Might need more spare tires just in case  ;D   Love the look of this one Glenn.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Glenn

As you guys hadn't worked it out, this is '2 of 4', with its real name, the Convair XB-53, I know it wasn't built, but would you fly it, I'm bloody sure I wouldn't try. The model is 1/72 scale and to date is painted, and about to have its dacals added. A S.A.C. squadron, don't you think?
Glenn

Glenn

Black Ops: No, the pair of spare tyres should be enough...as I've never had a Monogram tyre go flat on me ever!
Anyhow, still unfinished but this is how she'll be finished. I'd hate to have to do a 'three point turn' or a reverse park!
Glenn