Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Brian...what scale was the Y1B-7 ?
Today I'm back with the flyingboat 2 of 5 for 2010. At this stage all I had to do was to make up the windscreen and canopy to finish the fuselage. At present, the inner starboard wing is in place. A clue....it has a 'gull wing'.
Glenn

Glenn

Sorry mate....it isn't a Fairchild. By the next photo, (in the next bracket) with the wings on, you should work it out.
Today, the Barkley Grow as I've added the windscreen and window blocks. These have now been bogged and sanded down as has the cockpit roof.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Glenn on November 22, 2009, 11:06:55 PM
Brian...what scale was the Y1B-7 ?

<snip>

The Y1B-7 is 1/72 scale. It was a fun but challenging project. I flubbed the wings first time around and had to use the set from the second kit. I've still got the rest of the second kit around here somewhere. Here's a link to my B-7 thread:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,18376.0.html

Your Barkely Grow is coming along very nicely.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Today we are back with the Curtiss R3C-2 fighter. Lets call her a F-3-C...ok! The oleo legs and struts are E'green and the wheels are from a Lindberg Jenny. She will be in Lt. Grey overall with Chrome Yellow upper wing and USN markings.
By the way, GTX, the F4B4 has been started.
Glenn

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on November 25, 2009, 06:10:34 PM
Today we are back with the Curtiss R3C-2 fighter. Lets call her a F-3-C...ok! The oleo legs and struts are E'green and the wheels are from a Lindberg Jenny. She will be in Lt. Grey overall with Chrome Yellow upper wing and USN markings.
By the way, GTX, the F4B4 has been started.
Glenn

Actually the only reason why there never were an F2C and an F3C was precisely because these were reserved for possible fighter variants of the R2C/R3C racers. That explains why the Navy jumped straight from the CF to the F4C-1.

Glenn

What's in a name? Remember the T6/Zero from "PT 109"....Well, this is the Val from the same movie. Actually, it's the Zero model, I revamped it with spats. So, two models became one.
Glenn

HobbyBoss 1/72

Brian da Basher

Those are some very attractive spats!
:wub: :wub: :wub:
Few modifications add to the visual appeal of an aircraft like spats!
:wub: :wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

P.S. The Curtiss F-3C is coming along very nicely, Glenn.

Glenn

Today I'm back with the Kingbird. I know the shot is dark but, the colours are as follows....The wing and fuselage down to the windows, silver. In between the windows, a mid blue and below the windows and the nose....midnight blue. Also there is a thin line of red in between the two blues. By looking at B&W photos on the web, and checking with Eastern's colours....it's as close as I can get it it being accurate.
Glenn

Glenn

US Fighter 5 of 5 for 2010....I know, "it's just a block of balsa!" Well, soon, it won't be!
Sc.1/48.
Glenn

Glenn

No mate, but I had a model of the F-90, many years ago. 1/48, Aurora...I made it up at 'BLACKHAWK'S" but then realised the jet from the comics only had one engine.
Glenn

Glenn

It's not a known fact, but many 'Y' aircraft, (pre-production) were bought and used by foreign airforces. The Dutch government bought all the P-42 pre-production fighters for their airforce. These fighters were faster than the existing fighters of the Dutch Air Force and with the fall of 'The Low Lands', they were shipped to the far east. These aircraft based on Java, 1941~42 were some of the first to face Japanese air strikes.

Model : Hobbycraft P-36 converted to a P-42.
Decals : National Markings, hand made.
Scale : 1/48