Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acree

Glenn

Oh, very good....to both of you. The U-2 will be the Bell F-109 and the other is the Ago-192B. Nice to see you're on the ball!
Glenn

Glenn

You wouldn't believe the trouble it's been converting the U-2 into the F-109, and the four letter words I could have used! But, if it was easy, you wouldn't do it...now would you?
Anyhow, today we have civil 5 of 5. With the engine in place and the fuselage shapped it should be easy....for someone......!
Glenn

Acree

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on February 22, 2010, 06:14:35 PM
You wouldn't believe the trouble it's been converting the U-2 into the F-109, and the four letter words I could have used! But, if it was easy, you wouldn't do it...now would you?
I know Joan Baez's song "love is just a four-letter word". So in this modelling, you (probably) put love-love-love, this is so beautiful... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Cobra

Looking good,Glenn. i sent you a Response to your Q about the Sea Leopard,Hope this Helps. Keep up the Great Work!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: stay cool :ph34r: :cheers: Dan

Glenn

Tophe, 'love' was not one of them!
And, on the Harlow......I'm going to have to make something you guys don't know....give me a couple of years, I'll find something!
Glenn

Cobra, I'll look it up!

Glenn

Yes, a Harlow.....and Cobra, I found the project, I'll make up a set of plans for it, it'll take a couple of weeks.
Anyhow...today I'm back with the F5B5 project...using the f4B4 fuselage, rather than butchering the said fuselage, mine is a little thicker set than the F5B model. Now, all is left is the engine, to finish construction.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

You've always got some very interesting projects going on Glenn, but I'm really liking your F5B5! Reminds me a little of the experimental Boeing XP-9:

I can't wait to see more!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Yeah Brian, but to make the actual F5B I would have had to 'butcher the F4B4's fuselage. I didn't feel like it, anyhow this is another shot of the same plane, this time right side up!
Glenn

Glenn

This will be the last for a bit, US Fighter 4 of 5. Now it has a cockpit and fuselage panels.....someone should get it?
Cobra, have done basic plans of the project, do you have a rear and underneath view of it?
Glenn

Cobra

No, that Pic i posted to You is the Only one i know of. you may want to send a Q to Group who know about Gerry anderson stuff to get more info. sorry.Dan

Acree

I'm thinking Curtiss XP-87?
This is fun!

Chuck

Glenn

Right on baby! Curtiss' last fighter. Glad you enjoyed the game.
Glenn

Glenn

A couple of years ago, I bought the Corgi model of the 'Hogwarts Express'. It's is a 1/100 di-cast model of the locomotive and tender but, nothing else. I've been waiting for the carriages to arrive, all this time but in the latest info on their web page...no carriages are coming! So, what do you do? It so happens that I have a collection of the original 'Thomas the Tank Engine' rolling stock, so......I cut two pieces at the ends and glued them together so I still had the two separate connection pieces to carry more carriages.
This is the easy bit, now I have to change the configeration of the windows and then add the new six wheel bogie systems. Yeah, I know, it it were easy, you wouldn't do it! And, the other bit, once I finish the first carriage, Corgi will release the set of four carriages...QED!
Grrrrrr!
Glenn