Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Seen leaving Omaha on it's latest S.A.C. mission, this state of the art bomber of the United States Airforce. This rare photo shows the strange Convair B-53 after take-off heading for Alaska.
Glenn

1/72 scratch built model.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

This is what I did with the C-130 Herc. It could be a Belfast...but it's not!
Glenn

GTX

Quote from: Glenn on April 12, 2010, 07:34:53 PM
This is what I did with the C-130 Herc. It could be a Belfast...but it's not!
Glenn

C-133 perhaps?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Glenn

Hey Greg, what gave it away....the C-130 look, or the bloody long looking C-130? Well done! Now, all I have to do, is finish it.
Glenn

Cliffy B

Quote from: GTX on April 13, 2010, 01:29:47 AM

C-133 perhaps?

Regards,

Greg

Looks like the forgotten child of a C-141 Starlifter and a Herc.  You know, the one that you keep locked in the attic  ;D

Still kind of neat looking though.  So what kept it from production?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Ed S

Quote from: Cliffy B on April 13, 2010, 05:43:27 AM

Looks like the forgotten child of a C-141 Starlifter and a Herc.  You know, the one that you keep locked in the attic  ;D

Still kind of neat looking though.  So what kept it from production?

It was produced by Douglas and flown operationally by the USAF.  It wasn't a short field assault transport like the similar looking, but smaller       C-130 but rather an outsized cargo carrier.  The USAF used it for years to haul Minuteman missiles and other long loads.

Ed 
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

GTX

Quote from: Glenn on April 13, 2010, 05:38:53 AM
Hey Greg, what gave it away....the C-130 look, or the bloody long looking C-130? Well done! Now, all I have to do, is finish it.
Glenn

The "bloody long looking C-130" look  ;D

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Quote from: Ed S on April 13, 2010, 08:01:26 AM
Quote from: Cliffy B on April 13, 2010, 05:43:27 AM

Looks like the forgotten child of a C-141 Starlifter and a Herc.  You know, the one that you keep locked in the attic  ;D

Still kind of neat looking though.  So what kept it from production?

It was produced by Douglas and flown operationally by the USAF.  It wasn't a short field assault transport like the similar looking, but smaller       C-130 but rather an outsized cargo carrier.  The USAF used it for years to haul Minuteman missiles and other long loads.

Ed  

Yes, about 50 were produced if I remember correctly - have always liked the look of it.  Would have been interesting to see other variants developed:  

• KC-133 Tanker?
  • EC-133 AEW or ELINT etc.?
  • AC-133 Super Gunship?

Here's a good website on it:  Remembering an Unsung Giant

Regards,

Greg

Glenn

Looking at one of the web sites, a few cracked up on landing, probably due to it's long fuselage. Anyhow, today the rear view of the B-53.
Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Today, I'm back with the F-87 and now she has a tail. I've started the tailplanes, and should be on in May.
Glenn

PS The B-53 is now hanging from the ceiling of the room I'm now in.

Cobra

Great Work Glenn! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: PM me if you want to talk sometime,OK? Keep up the Great Work Buddy! :cheers: Dan

Glenn

This is one of two last frames of the B-53, next will be my entry into the Luft G.B. as that model is finished.
Glenn

NARSES2

I know I've already said this but I really do like that B.53  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.