Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Today we're back with 'The bi-plane with one wing', and I can understand why it was called that!
Look at the struts, engine to fuselage. aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr.
Glenn

bobbo

There's one of those (C-133) at the MAC Museum in Dover DE, just down the road from me.  It's outside on display and can be compared to a pair of C-141's close by.  One's a C-141-A, the other one is a C-141-B.

bobbo

Glenn

Today we're with the last version of the Grumman Tigercat, the J. Designed around two Westinghouse Jet engines, the F7F/J was first used at the end of the Korean conflict and finished it's servics with the French Navy in South East Asia, in 1956.

I had to do something with the kit, as I'd used the PW's on the XTB2F1. The jets are balsa built around the fuselage and wing root. Intakes and tailpipes are Evergreen.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Yes, the F7F is kinda different, I wonder why Grumman didn't make something like that?
Anyhow, today I'm back with the V-1 glider trainer. The rear canopy comes with the kit, but the forward canopy is a cut-down F-14 (1/72) canopy.
Photo in B&W.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on April 27, 2010, 07:24:45 PM
but the forward canopy is a cut-down F-14 (1/72) canopy.
Incredible :thumbsup: A so big distance in History while the aspect is just RIGHT, prefect! :bow: Glory to what-ifism... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on April 27, 2010, 07:24:45 PM
Yes, the F7F is kinda different, I wonder why Grumman didn't make something like that?

Excellent work on the jet F7F, Glenn. (Good recycling too  ;D)

Grumman did work on something similar, the 4-jet G.75 but abandoned it. Your's looks more viable -- a kind of big brother to the single-jet G.71 project. [Image deleted to space Upload Folder]

Glenn

Actually, I was thinking of the Phantom 1 when I re-designed it.....anyhow, today I'm back with the B-45 Tornado. As you can see, I've added the tail surface, yes, it's moving along.
Glenn

Glenn

A colour photo of the V-1 this time. Once I make up a trolly for the ground photos, I'll get rid of it.
Glenn

Cobra

Looks good Glenn! You're doing an Awesome job with your Models.Dan

Glenn

Last air to ground shot of the Tigercat, this time in B&W. It will have undercart eventually, when I work out how it will fit together?
Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Stargazer

A delightful topic, as ever. I love the way you keep jumping from one project to the next...

Can't wait to see the Douglas B-7 finished!

The Convair B-53 pictures are truly amazing. They are the closest thing to the real thing we may ever see, and I love them even more for that!

John Howling Mouse

All fantastic, Glenn.  What a treat for the eyes and imagination.  Inspiring!   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Glenn

Hey Stargazer, if you were to visit my place, you'd find the B-53 hanging up above the door in my computer room. It looks good flying!
Today, I'm back with the Islander....but now it's finished.
The figures are LifeLike, the Kombi and Mini are Carorama and the Triumph is Oxford.
Glenn