Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: Glenn on August 03, 2010, 07:17:20 PM
After going through my 'unmade kits', I found a 1/72 Vista/semily Fairey Fulmar Mk 1. I don't know why I bought this kit, but didn't want to finish it off as it was built. So, with the help of an old Matchbox Hawker Tempest, I built the Fairey Frigate Bird Mk 11.
Now powered with a Bristol Cenurus 2500hp engine, certain mods had to be added. First I extended the tail and lower fuselage, beef it up a bit, and also a faring on the tail will be added later. More info as the project progresses.
Glenn

This would make an interesting partner for the Sea Fury.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Glenn

Or, what about a four engine Fairey Gannet?
Anyhow, today I thought I'd show you'all why I chose the Huey to make Samson. This photo, taken from a stilled DVD shows the stubby Tadpole shape which told me 'Huey'. I'm not saying they actually used a real chopper, but they must have used 'something' as a template.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on August 06, 2010, 08:26:36 PM
What about the anti-torque tail rotor? At the end of one part of the V?
or no anti-torque at all? either twin contra-rotating main-rotors? or jet driven free rotor? or mind-powered anti-torque power? or else? ;D
My twin rotor seems to have been the right hypothesis, good...
Is this from the film Avatar, like http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/2/20-things-we-now-know-about-avatar-12-440-75.jpg
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Good one Tophe!
This is the 1/35 model I'll be using to make the big one. With the small Samson model, I've noticed that the nose is too long, but as it's a template, I can accept that.
Glenn

Glenn

I think I called this model 3 of 5 at one stage, anyhow lets see how long it takes you'all to work out WHAT it is?
Glenn

Cobra

Glenn,You're doing Your Magic Again! that Plane looks kinda like a Dragon Rapide! Keep up the Great Work :cheers:Dan

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on August 13, 2010, 12:08:23 AM
I think I called this model 3 of 5 at one stage, anyhow lets see how long it takes you'all to work out WHAT it is?
Glenn

Piaggio P.166?

noxioux

Glenn

As I said once before, a machine with some of the cogs missing! And yes, a Piaggio P.166, very good!!
Today I'm back with the Kingbird, now with oleo legs and the engines. With the engines, I need to complete the fronts and exhaust systems but with the wheels, I have resin casts done. All the markings will have to be done by hand, as no one makes a 1/48 Kingbird.
Glenn

Glenn

Back with Samson, now with the rotor housing rings. Looking at the photos, I worked out that at 1/72 sc the rings were about 50mm diameter, so found the Tamiya spray can cap is the diameter needed, marked the width and glassed the ring. the connection is a brass tube and Evergreen tubing around to keep it in place. Took 10 minutes to do each piece, once the glassing was cured, the PVC suround was added to the lower surface and bogged and sanded.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Last shot for a while....Samson now has it's undercart, well....the Huey's skid. It now has to be strengthened and extended.
Glenn

Glenn

Hi, gay guy here...sorry, Glenn here!!
With the success of the Curtiss R2C floatplane, it was decided to build a land plane version for the USN. The R3C-1 built in the late 1920's and used on the USS Langley. This replica of a R3C-2 was first flown in 2006 and is seen here over Hawaii for the AirSho season.

Model : Hawk/Testors Curtis Racer
Scale : 1/48

Glenn

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.