Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Tophe....for you! 'Camera Shy' leaving Guam and heading for Kyoto. There are three photos in this series, later on I'll do upper-surfaces shots.
Glenn

Tophe

:blink: :wub: Already wonderful! Thanks a lot! And even more is coming? Great! :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Glenn

Tophe, second bite of the cherry!
Glenn

Tophe

Thanks, we see better the wing shape!
Will the third view be from above? I thought this was a night two-seater with a double canopy, but there is a Droop Snoot nose it seems... Is this a 3-seater? (with 2 seats and a prone passenger?) :huh: ;D

Glenn

Yes Tophe..a three seater. Today, something completely different!! Yes, you've heard that before, but have I ever built a 'car'? Well, you see...I drive a Ford Longreach PanelVan, and am anoyed that you can't buy a model of one so....looking through my old models, (unmade) I came across a JO-HAN 1963 Oldsmobile Starfire. Well, come on...what else would you do with it? Yes, could have turned it into a Ute, or a Funeral Coach, but Panel Van flashed into my mind, and here we are.
Here in OZ, these delivery vans were bought by 'Surfies' so they had a 'set of wheels' to follow the waves, from beach to beach. Then they were referred to as 'Sin-Bins'...I'm sure you get my drift, well my American Van, just for you guys!
Glenn

Glenn

As of now, every project I start will be either a 'boat' of 'Float-plane'. I have about 25 years left in me, so I'm onto some nice projects. Buying the Airfix Walrus for $10:95 and up-scaling the plans of a Sea Otter, my first would be the traction Walrus. I know the conversion plans were in an old Airfix Magazine.......don't know where that is, anyhow an easy job. This 1/72 model will be the template for the balsa 1/48 model. As you can see, I've leveled off the top of the fuselage and extended to tail, and also cut the balsa to the correct length for the 1/48th model.
Long way to go....
Glenn

Tophe

Oh, Glenn, before you turn to floatplanes forever, could you shoot a last picture of your 4-engined P-38, from above or slightly from above, to help me drawing it? Thanks (feel free not to do it if you prefer, no problem, I have imagination enough to dream). ;)

Glenn

Second last shot of the B-36, before she is mounted to the ceiling of my bedroom.
Hey Tophe....I'll shoot the P-38 once we have good weather,
Glenn

Tophe

Beautiful view of your improved-cooling B-36 "derivative"... :thumbsup:
For the 4-engined 3-seat P-38, I am happy of this good news, BUT don't shoot it down with gunfire, just shoot a photograph with a camera, please... ;) (someday, no hurry, it's autumn going to bad weather here but I know in Australia, it is spring going to good weather) ;D

Glenn

Tophe, there is a top shot of the P-38 after these next two photos. Today, or should I say, 'this month', a shot of the Scorpion asault helicopter from Avatar. There are some great shots of this ship on the web, but the only trouble is, the more you look, the more detail you find........aaaaaahhhhhhhh!
Scale 1/72, Academy.
By the way, does anyone make a 1/35sc. model of the Apache?
Glenn

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on October 23, 2010, 12:44:22 AM
...By the way, does anyone make a 1/35sc. model of the Apache?

Glenn: In 1/35, there's only Kangnam's 27000 (now IMEX's 3502) AH-64D Apache Longbow. Supposed to be quite inaccurate but some of the details look okay. So, if you're whiffing ... If accuracy is important, probably better to go with Revell's 1/32 Apache.

Glenn

Thanks for the info on the Apache. It will eventually be the next Scorpion. (when I finish the one above in 1/72)
Today, we are on the Frigate Bird and construction (less undercart and wing rockets) is finished. Painting and markings post war, F.A.A. in dk. sea grey and sky under. Have beefed up the tail section, as I didn't think the tail would have surviver that 2400hp engine.
Glenn

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

McColm

Cool car/estaste conversion. B-36 even cooler.
Great work. :cheers: