Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apophenia

Couldn't be anything but 'Old Shakey', the globular Globemaster II  ;D

You've nailed that one out of the gate Glenn :thumbsup: But I'm with Stargazer, love the Piaggio ... and I'm interested to see how the gull wings go  ;)

McColm

Quote from: Glenn on October 27, 2010, 07:57:24 PM
No, Tophe....nothing like perfect! The model is too small and the nose is too long, anyhow, this is the second 'under' shot and the last for a while.
Glenn
Fantastic Plastic have something similar

Stargazer

Quote from: apophenia on November 14, 2010, 06:26:08 PM
Couldn't be anything but 'Old Shakey', the globular Globemaster II  ;D

You've nailed that one out of the gate Glenn :thumbsup: But I'm with Stargazer, love the Piaggio ... and I'm interested to see how the gull wings go  ;)

You're too fast for me. Of course it's a C-124, I could recognize that one straight away! But then it's easier with postwar designs as there weren't so many. In-between wars U.S. industry mushroomed with hundreds of companies which mostly produced one-off aircraft and these can be quite a hassle to recognize!!

Glenn

Stargazer....yeah, you're right, most pre-war aircraft were prototypes or pre-production and yes, they are the ones I love. I'm going through US Navy fighters at present and some of those designs would blow your mind. But, today I'm on the 1/35sc. Samson after butchering the cockpit and personal section of the Irriquis helicopter and lengthening it. Tomorrow a shot from the movie to see real deal.
Glenn

Glenn

Samson from the nose...as you can see, the nose has that Huey shape, minus the bubble blob canopy. Also the longish personal section....all for now....
Glenn

Glenn

I've been away a while, haven't I? Anyhow, today we're back with the N.A. B-45 Tornado. Now, the fuselage and tail assembly is done, next...the wings. I tell you one thing..this model is BIG...no, that's not right, IT'S BLOODY BIG!
Glenn

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on December 01, 2010, 07:48:49 PM
I've been away a while, haven't I? Anyhow, today we're back with the N.A. B-45 Tornado. Now, the fuselage and tail assembly is done, next...the wings. I tell you one thing..this model is BIG...no, that's not right, IT'S BLOODY BIG!
Glenn

You have indeed Glen,good to se you back at the work bench  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Today we're back with the Y1-B7 Douglas Bomber if the early 1930's. As I'm now on the painting, with only the forward and rear observers areas to add crew to, plus the pilots windscreen, and props to complete construction. The only other thing left, 'the decals', this model is almost finished.The model is finished with gear up, but I would have liked to finish her off as one of the US AirMail  Service aircraft.....no, can't duplicate those decals, so she'll be finished in USAAC markings.
Glenn

NARSES2

The YB-17 is looking really nice Glen
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stargazer

Great! Ever thought of doing a Fokker XO-27 (XB-8) to match?

Glenn

Stargazer, always open to ideas.....but today I'm on a quest to build 'boats', and this is the second one I started.
The first is the 1/48 Sea Otter, but this one should be easy to work out.
Glenn

scale is 1/48

Glenn

Sorry Stargazer...but no! Today, I'm back with the 'Twin Pin' with one of it's three tails in place. A ways to go, but at least the shape is starting to show through.
Glenn

McColm

Tophe

good looking anyway :thumbsup: (especially for a scratch-building :bow: )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]