Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Tophe, it does have a single tail......but she ain't no pusher!
I'm not sure if this model should have gone into the TSR 2 section, as it started it's life as one but, not any more!
When the TSR 2 project was axed, at around the same time as the Avro Canada C-105 Arrow, both companies worked in secret to produce the ultimate fighter. The Bac/AC 'Bolt'. This is the first view of the Bolt under construction.
Glenn

Sc. 1/72
Model: Airfix TSR-2 (with a new wing)

Stargazer

Ooooo...  :wub:

Can't ait to see the Bolt finished!!!  :thumbsup:

As for the "single-boomer"... I have very little knowledge of German projects, but it sure reminds me of an American aircraft, the Umbaugh U-18 (later produced as the Air & Space 18A).

Glenn

Stargazer, the German ship was a prototype....don't know if they made any more. Found the plans in an aircraft book, 1961. I will tell you one thing though, it's design was unique. (for it's time)
But, for today we are back with the A1 Skyraider, or as it now stands, an AW4. With the tail and tailplane in place awaiting farings and the fuselage bump cut and sanded to shape next will be a bottle of Vodka, woopse, sorry... sanding, bogging and then the vodka.
Glenn
Oh, yeah....scale 1/32

Tophe

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on December 27, 2010, 12:38:11 AM
As for the "single-boomer"... I have very little knowledge of German projects, but it sure reminds me of an American aircraft, the Umbaugh U-18 (later produced as the Air & Space 18A).
Is this a pusher autogyro like the U-18? or a pusher airplane like the Quicksilver IV (http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/5/4/0/1809045.jpg) or else?
Your other models are interesting also Glenn, but this German puzzle is teasing... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe, most Autogyro's would look like this aircraft......until you put the wing on! Today, something different, HMS Campbletown, or...as it looked during 'Operation Chariot' This is the start of it's conversion into the Mowe class torpedo boat. The bridge was converted, then the gunnery platform behind, with A/A mountings plus the gun platforms. The two forward funnels are raked, and the rear one is brought forward slightly. The other funnels and davits, and torpedo tubes are dumped. It's a third of the way finished......long way to go!
Glenn

Captain Canada

I like the look of that boat....very nice !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Yup nice to see you turning your fertile mind to ships Glen  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

F-109 Bell VTOL project with one engine almost finished. I'm wondering what Air Force to finish it off in, I mean...who would be silly enough to buy it?
Glenn

Tophe

If I were a (French) general, I would buy it exactly as it is now: asymmetric with a single jet! hehehe... :lol:

Glenn

Tophe....you are a strange puppy! Today we are back with the 'flying wing from "Raiders....." The 5 engine version, never built, but built here.
Glenn SC. 1/48

Glenn

Back with the 'Bolt' and the inside wing supports. Nothing much has changed.
Glenn

Tophe

:thumbsup: Congratulations and thanks! I mean: those intra-wing supports are the secret (thanks to share!) making the scratchbuild solid. This is not personal genius only, or at least: this is the way genius choose to do ;D

Glenn

Back with the 'Twin Pin' now with it's tails in place. It is starting to look like a Pioneer, eh?
Long way to go......but enjoyable!
Glenn

Glenn

Funny, but I do have a life outside the 'What If' site, The BrisBears.....but anyhow, today I'm back with the USN fighter, '3 of 5' now with it's top wing. As you can see, the starboard wing isn't covered of paneled as yet, that's the next step.
Oh yeah....scale, 1/32
A clue.......1920's prototype.

Glenn