Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Very good, it will be a Berliner-Joyce when finished.
As to 'The BrisBears'....it is a gay club!So, not everyone would join! Anyhow....today I'm back with the B-45 Tornado, now with the wings cut out and the width worked out.
Mum looked at it and said..."And where is 'that' going, when it's finished? (as it's so big!)
Hanging from the ceiling, with the LR/PR-38M, WHERE ELSE?
Glenn

Tophe

The precious LR/PR-38M will be in good company... :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

apophenia

Tornado is lookin' good Glenn! Do you have a flow-chart to keep track of all of the models you've got on the go at any given time??  :o

Glenn

Hey...I'll do one for you, if you like! It's amazing I don't add spitfire parts to a stuka, as I'm on so many! Today, (last photo for a while) is Nemisis, or XTB2F1. (OR, NEVER BUILT CAUSE IT WOULD HAVE WEIGHED 40,000 LBS LANDING ON A WOODEN FLIGHT DECK!) with both PW 2800/22 engines in place and the basic undercoat worked out, who would be mad enough to buy it? (I can think of a few!)
Glenn

Stargazer

Cool XTB2F-1!!!  :thumbsup:

Is the name Nemesis of your own invention? Never heard it before in association with that aircraft...

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on January 18, 2011, 06:31:31 PM
Hey...I'll do one for you, if you like! ...

A score-card might be handy sometimes! I don't know how you do it but as long as you can keep the Stuka parts separate from the Spitfires ...  ;D

Stéphane: IIRC, is was Jon who first suggested the Nemesis name for a production TB2F-1.

Glenn

Yeah, somewhere down this site I asked the question as to what should I call this ship! Nemisis came out loud and strong, and the XTB2F1 had a new name. Could you imagine the IJN calling on their radio's..." It's a TB2FI" as they are shot down in flames?.....no, neither can I!
Anyhow, a run sheet on my projects.....This excludes all work in the yard/weeding, mowing and general cleaning up and work inside the house. Cleaning/cooking ect. OK......./

WEDNESDAY 19/01/11

1/100 sc. Midori Ki-61 (adding decals)

1/48 HMS Endeavour (newsagent build part of 100)...hull planking.

1/26 Comet model of a Curtiss Robin monoplane of the late 1920's built as a static model. (Fuselage finished)

1/32 (newsagent build part of 125)
Lancaster Mk 1.  Although I'm up to part 30, I missed parts 5, 6 and 7 and at present am on pt. 5 to work on the cockpit. You'll see a photo once the cockpit is up and running.

Photo of the Moonbus from 2001. I'm building a model twice the scale of the original Aurora model in MDF and fibreglass.

1/48 Y1B7 Finishing painting ready for decals.

Glenn

Stargazer

Quote from: apophenia on January 18, 2011, 07:41:52 PM
Quote from: Glenn on January 18, 2011, 06:31:31 PM
Hey...I'll do one for you, if you like! ...

A score-card might be handy sometimes! I don't know how you do it but as long as you can keep the Stuka parts separate from the Spitfires ...  ;D

Stéphane: IIRC, is was Jon who first suggested the Nemesis name for a production TB2F-1.

Nice name! I opted for the name Bobcat myself, as you can see in this profile:

Glenn

Yeah, 'Bobcat' nice....but I see a 'Bobcat' as an earth moving vehicle.

This is this mornings modeling run......9AM~11:30AM

1/72 (sb)London Thames dredge.....rear structure.

1/48 (sb) Vultee Valliant trainer for the Tora, Tora build. (balsa)

1/144 Lockheed Electra Mk11 as Ansett Airfreight.

1/25 Jo-Han '63 Oldsmobile Starfire turned into a convertable.

1/48 Endeavour...more hull planking.

1/32 Lancaster...floor to Pilots' seat.

1/72 BAC/AC 'Bolt' upper wing section detailing.

I'll be back for the afternoon section later.
Glenn

apophenia

Well Glenn, I just don't know what I do with my time. It's stunning how much you've got on the go. Glad to see the 1/32 Lanc on the move  :thumbsup:

Glenn

Yeah, with the Lanc, I was collecting the series and originally thinking it was 'every two weeks', so missed parts 5, 6 and 7....but now have them, so....once I finish #5 I'll shoot it with #1 (nose cone) and from then on, a series of construction up to # 30. Also, I must explain to those who think I'm bludging and spending all this time at home.
1. I am a disabled pentioner
2. I am a full time carer
and 3. I am a 100% gay modeller...(who doesn't build anything in pink!)

So, for the afternoon of Thursday 20/01/11....

1/48 Flyingboat, building up the twin floats.

1/32 Berliner...sanding down the starboard wing and adding panel details.

1/32 Guillow A-1 Skyraider converted to an  AW4. Working on the faring behind the cockpit.

1/48 Flyingboat ...upscaling plans and drawing profile on the sides and cutting off excess.

1/48 Nemisis...sanding back starboard engine narcell and cowling and awaiting exhaust pipes.

All for now.....Glenn

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on January 19, 2011, 11:27:45 PM
and 3. I am a 100% gay modeller...(who doesn't build anything in pink!)
AND... you don't flood some forum pages with pics of you in ladies gear! LOL

Glenn

Stargazer...if I did that, it would crash the page. No, I like the page too much to do that! Anyhow, seeing me in 'drag' you'd be singing...."bring in the clowns...."

This is the line-up for this morning.......9~1130AM

1/48 (sb) German 4 seaters' prop assembly.

1/48 Endeavour planking to hull

1/34 (?) Revell T-34/85 from the movie "Force 10 from Navarone". (decals)

1/32 Lancaster instrument panel

1/48 Twin Pin varnishing the fuselage as it's finished.

1/72 Merlin B.P. 111 research aircraft

1/48 (sb) US 1950's Lt lift transport

1/144 Douglas Cargomaster. Built from a Revell 1/139 sc. C-130.

Catch you later,
Glenn.......me in drag.................haven't tried that yet!

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on January 20, 2011, 06:32:51 PM
1/48 (sb) German 4 seaters' prop assembly.
Is this German the mysterious single-boom plane you presented once, to be completed? I'd be glad to see it with propeller.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe, another clue.....it has two engines, and props.

This afternoon's modeling......

1/35 Samson and working on the tail and upper body.

1/48 Endeavour Finishing off plank #3 to both sides.

1/48 five engine wing from " Raiders....", starting on the winglets.

1/32 Lancaster and finished off section  # 5 cockpit detail.

You'll notice that I work on the Lanc and Endeavour at least twice a day, if I didn't, I'd have so much unmade, I wouldn't be able to climb over it!
Glenn