Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Today, the XF-87 'Blackhawk' although I think I'll remove the 'X' from the front. I don't know actually how I'll finish this model, as it didn't achieve status in the USAF, maybe it would have been best suited as a nightfighter?
Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

NARSES2

Like the Blackhawk Glenn  :thumbsup:. It was slated as a nightfighter and was meant to have "trainable" nose guns. Don't think they got that to work properly though. I've the Olimp kit in the stash
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stargazer

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 29, 2011, 02:29:09 AM
It was slated as a nightfighter and was meant to have "trainable" nose guns.

Hence the name "Nighthawk" that is sometimes found in place of Blackhawk, although I don't know if it ever was official.

Glenn

Thanks for that, Stargazer.......

Today I'm back with the Cargomaster with it's wing and added tips.
Glenn

McColm

Can't wait to see the finished result :cheers:

Glenn

Glenn

Hi, I'm back.......with the Bolt. Now the wings are finished awaiting the tail and looking good.
Glenn

PS.. It's funny, but with the tail in place I think 'The Bolt' might not be the right name for her, maybe Rapier but no, too American.....no, I'll stick with 'The Bolt.
Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on February 03, 2011, 11:29:23 PM
PS.. It's funny, but with the tail in place I think 'The Bolt' might not be the right name for her, maybe Rapier but no, too American.....no, I'll stick with 'The Bolt.

Looking good, Glenn. IMHO, Bolt is the perfect name. It has the brutally efficient look of a crossbow bolt!

Glenn

Yeah, I'm glad there is someone who knows why I called her 'The Bolt'!

Today, HMS Endeavour, Captain Cooks' ship from the weekly Newsagent series of how to build her in 100 parts. This is around part 35, planking the hull and this shows her under construction. The scale is 1/48 and her hull length is 25 inches.
Glenn

Glenn

This is a 1/18 sc Fokker DVII, built to fly...only this will be built static. Looked for colour schemes but all were too gay, ( even for me!) so picked the box art of a 1/48sc Edwards model. Ways to go, but the funny thing is, it's the same scale as the Veron Fokker DVIII/EV I built a few years ago.....look nice together.
Glenn

Glenn

Today, the London Dredge, "Ramsgate". The scale of this ship is 1/72 and the plans were for it to be powered by an electric motor......mine will be on a stand. This shows the forward half of the deck finished and the start of the superstructure. It should be finished by August/September.
Glenn

Glenn

By the way...two models have been finished since this page has been added, the first the Frigate Bird with a Hawker Sea Fury replacement and the Finmark with another 1/48 flyingboat. The Frigate Bird is finished for air to ground photography, so the undercart will be added later but the Finnmark is finished and the replacement will be a USN boat.
Glenn