Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Today I'm back with the Boeing Clipper almost finished. Now it is set in a diorama, including the two boats, the boat crew and passengers are all that is left to finish this model.
Glenn

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Tophe

Great! :thumbsup:
What is the sea made of? (the answer "water" would mean: "secret!", all right...)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

apophenia

Nice  :thumbsup: Gotta love dioramas with water.

Glenn

Tophe, the water is made from white foam, (used to make surf boards) and covered in cardboard triangles to represent the waves, then covered with tissue paper. The tissue paper is cut in irregular shapes so there are no straight lines. The colour is a mix of dark sea blue, JN green and off white to lighten the other two colours and added later to look like wave tips.
Once finished, given a coating of clear resin to give that 'wet look'.

Photo today is another flying boat, the replacement of the Finnmark. It is 1/48 and with that unusual shape......easily worked out?
Glenn

Tophe

Thanks for the detailed diorama explanation, Master :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Stargazer

Looks like a Sikorsky S-39 to me... Or maybe the strange German Ente?

Glenn

Good one mate.....yes, an S.39A. She should look good in Pan Am markings!

Last one again, for a while with the Barkley Grow and her tails. At present I'm working on the cowlings.
Glenn

McColm

Didn't,
Lockheed do a similar design,  passenger/transporter?
lovely designs. Sorry mental block...

Stargazer

Quote from: McColm on February 10, 2011, 02:42:51 AM
Didn't,
Lockheed do a similar design,  passenger/transporter?
lovely designs. Sorry mental block...

The Barkley-Grow T8P1, the Beechcraft 18 Twin Beech/Expeditor, the Lockheed 12 Electra Junior and a few more followed the same general basic configuration.

McColm

thanks, I thought I'd seen that before. :thumbsup:

apophenia

Quote from: Glenn on February 09, 2011, 06:26:15 PM
Last one again, for a while with the Barkley Grow and her tails...

Yay, good to see Glenn.  :thumbsup:  Dare we hope for a third tail fin and floats?  :mellow:

BTW: big difference between the Barkley-Grow and the Beechcraft or Lockheed 10/12 series was the wing structure. The T8P-1 had a 'cellular' wing structure, the others had more conventional spar-and-rib structures.