Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

No, sorry mate... fixed undercart and spats!
Glenn

I was going to put this photo into the 'real aircraft' photos but thought you guys would get more of a thrill with it! In the magazine with the building of the Lancaster, (weekly series) is the history of aircraft/ pilots and aviation in general. In a section 'Birth of the Luftwaffe' was this photo of a DFS 'Seelander' trainer/glider. I don't know about you, but I see the sexual beauty of a lot of man made machines, Chevy Stingray, Su-27, Spitfire...etc. Well, I saw this and thought how beautiful it was! The flyingboat glider/trainer forthe new Luftwaffe.
Glenn

Glenn

Today we are back with 'The Bolt'! 'The Bolt' will not be a beautiful aircraft like a Spitfire, no it will serve a purpose, it will be a blunt design, a 'killing machine' designed for one purpose, 'destroying the enemy! Now with the tail in place, it's true design and shape comes before you. "Behold, a Pale Horse, and his rider is Death"!
The Bolt was addapted into the RAF, CAF and RAAF in a time it was really needed....it served a purpose, and it's memory is etched in history.

Glenn

McColm

Great idea,
Maybe one day a life size model could be built?

Glenn

'A life sized model'.....yeah, I'd like to see that! At least now, I know what colour scheme it will be finished in, and the Air Force it will serve.
Today I'm back with the Curtiss Wright Kingbird and it's upper wing reg numbers. These are now finished, and am on the lower wing, then the final wing struts and finished. Wow, finishing three models and it'll only be March.
Glenn

Glenn

Yesterday, I finished the Revell T34/85 from 'Force 10....' and it will be replaced with an M-24 Chaffee from 'Battle of the Bulge'.....not my favourite movie! Just because I love M-24's!
Today, the last shot for a while, the KM Torpedo Boat, (HMS Campbeltown) at it's present stage.
Glenn

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on January 11, 2011, 12:46:09 AM
Back with the 'Twin Pin' now with it's tails in place. It is starting to look like a Pioneer, eh?
Long way to go......but enjoyable!
Glenn

A little gift for you... Can't wait to see that Twin Pioneer finished!

bodgybuilder

Nice work Glenn.  :thumbsup:
Is it true that submariners are the lowest form of modelers?
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Stargazer

Quote from: bodgybuilder on February 21, 2011, 03:36:12 AM
Nice work Glenn.  :thumbsup:
Is it true that submariners are the lowest form of modelers?
Matthew

Uh... if I were you I'd be careful what I say. Touchy little species, those Atlants...

Glenn

Designed as a replacement to the Avro Lincoln, and to be put in service before the Shackleton was in service, the Avro Essex was a 'stop-gap' design that served it's purpose.
Built as 're-vamped' Lancasters with RR Avon engines, these M.R.S.R. aircraft served the RAF between 1955~ 1958. Seen here leaving Lossiemouth heading for the North Sea looking out for Ruskies.

Model :Airfix 1/72 Lancaster
Engines : Scratch built Avon engines.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Great work,
There were a few Lancasters used as testbeds with various jet engines replacing the merlins.
  :bow:

Tophe

Great Essex model! :thumbsup:
Congratulations also for the Photoshop expertise with 'true' jet exhausts... :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Thank you Tophe, photo 2 of 4...side view.
Glenn

Glenn

Photo 3 of 4, right front......only one to go. You've probably noticed that the tailplane has been raised, so the tailpipes wouldn't burn through the tailplanes.
Glenn

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on February 23, 2011, 11:15:58 PM
Photo 3 of 4, right front......only one to go. You've probably noticed that the tailplane has been raised, so the tailpipes wouldn't burn through the tailplanes.
Glenn

Really a cool aircraft. But a vee-tail would have been safer from this point of view!