Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

XF-84 Firebolt, an authentic beauty. :thumbsup:

Glenn

Today I'm back with the original design for 'The Wing' from "Raiders....". Only things left now are the props, spinners and decals...oh yeah, the forward machine gun. (above the cockpit) Iwon't worry about the undercart, as she'll be in flight, so the props will be clear disks.

Glenn

scratchbuilt, :1/48

RussC

Quote from: Glenn on October 06, 2011, 08:25:02 PM
Today I'm back with the original design for 'The Wing' from "Raiders....". Only things left now are the props, spinners and decals...oh yeah, the forward machine gun. (above the cockpit) Iwon't worry about the undercart, as she'll be in flight, so the props will be clear disks.

Glenn

scratchbuilt, :1/48

:wub: :wub: :wub:  :thumbsup:

Now one of us has to build the "wing" that was in "Captain America"....
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Glenn

I didn't see 'Capt. America' but saw the trailer and can't wait for the DVD. That way one can freeze to your hearts' content to get all the detail. What was the pusher fighter in that movie? From the one trailer scene I saw, it looked like a 'fighter' version of a 'Mixmaster'....am I close?
What scale would you make it, and what would you use to 'butcher'?
Glenn

RussC

I think the American plane was a what-if version of the XP-56 Black Bullet pusher design. I have built a what-if later version xp-56, using just bits (at 1/144th scale even drop tanks from larger scales become fuselages), for a 1/72 version, probably any black bullet kit would be a starting point.

For the big wing, it looks close enough to the Horten shape to start there and I would look for the Dragon models big 1/48 Go-229 kit to begin.

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Glenn

Yeah, I've been tempted to do the Star Ship from the start of the second Star Wars movie. I know what I'd use, a B-49 (with modifications 007) but the hard bit will be to chrome it, as silver paint just won't be good enough!
Glenn

Glenn

Last shot of the Firebolt over Edwards.

Glenn

P.S. I miss Tophe! He introduced me to this page back in 2003 and I miss his input and chatter!

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on October 12, 2011, 07:28:56 PM
P.S. I miss Tophe! He introduced me to this page back in 2003 and I miss his input and chatter!

I'll forward this message to him soonest... ;)

Glenn

Seen over The Rockies before Arctic testing in Alaska.

Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on October 13, 2011, 12:38:51 AM
Quote from: Glenn on October 12, 2011, 07:28:56 PM
I'll forward this message to him soonest... ;)
Thanks both of you, yes I may come back. With 6 months of past marvels to discover, next weekend maybe. Thanks again. You are true friends, sorry to have gone away from you (I stayed in contact with Stargazer at SecretProjects and Facebook, but I lost Glenn...)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe, it's fantastic hearing from you! How's the bub? Good to have you back.
Regards,
      Glenn

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on October 14, 2011, 12:12:27 AM
Tophe, it's fantastic hearing from you! How's the bub? Good to have you back.
Regards,
      Glenn

See? I told you!  ;D  ;)

Tophe

With a quick overwiew of many pages of yours, Glenn, I enjoyed a wonderful moment, thanks a lot!
My very favourites among those new ones are:
1/ (top) Siren twin-fury (not finished?)
2/ Arado Ar 640
3/ Ki-1109W
4/ Harlow (surprising, I have to check with Google what the source was)
What about the German Olympus since April? to be continued?
Thanks again!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Stargazer

Quote from: Tophe on October 14, 2011, 09:15:40 AM
With a quick overwiew of many pages of yours, Glenn, I enjoyed a wonderful moment, thanks a lot!
My very favourites among those new ones are:
1/ (top) Siren twin-fury (not finished?)
2/ Arado Ar 640
3/ Ki-1109W
4/ Harlow (surprising, I have to check with Google what the source was)
What about the German Olympus since April? to be continued?
Thanks again!

The Harlow is just that... A Harlow PJC-2 (a contemporary design to the Spartan Executive). One was impressed by the USAAF as a C-something.

Glenn

DMR Pictures presents....."Red Star over the Motherland"

This would have to be one of the worst unmemorable movies ever! Made so the US population could feel for the Russians after Hitlers' invasion. The best thing about this 'flick' was the aerial scenes. Seen here, one of the 'hero' Russian fighters painted up for the movie.

Glenn

Converted Hobbycraft 1/48 P-36 into XP-37