Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Sunday rugby sadness, then Monday Firebolt model joy... "What a wonferful World", Louis Armstrong was very right ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Last shot of the Battle Axe before I put her on her undercart.

Glenn

Tophe

It is confirmed: this view is not at all the cheap photograph of some childish scale model but $million top art, stolen from the Museum :blink: . I am going to call the police to tell them you have found it again, on the other side of the planet, no need anymore for the thousands policemen to search for it. (In Paris, Da Vinci's Mona Lisa will become again "simple introduction to the Battleaxe top art"). ;D

Glenn

This is a twin light aircraft as a set of three HO (1/87~1/100) HELJAN railway add to models. The set consists of two sets of three aircraft, the first...this one, the second a teardrop sailplane and the third a power glider. All are crude, and only having a minium of parts. The decals I used on this 'model' are from a HUMA Bu181 Bestman. The model will fit into the palm of your hand.

Glenn

Tophe

Interesting. Is this "genuine what-if" or inspired by some Real aircraft? (according to your knowledge of aviation - mine is not big for General Aviation: for this twin-engine one, it looks like a Cessna 310 maybe but I am not sure and maybe simplified in a pure what-if way...)

Glenn

Tophe, I'm not sure what it is, maybe a Cessna, Beagle, Piper...but more the 'what if!' I've started the second one, but it will be converted into a 'what if' of the 1930's!
Glenn

Glenn

This was originally produced as an AMT kit, buying it around the same time as the Mk 1 'Meatbox'

The only thing now is, what to make it into?
Glenn

GTX

Make a float plane version?
Uprate it with a R2800?
Give it retractable undercarriage?
Give it a gun position and turn it into a light bomber ala the Heinkel He-70 or Breda Ba.64?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tophe

Glenn, if ever you fit a retractable undercarriage, keep those spats preciously, our friend Brian da Basher has probably a million ideas for you to use them... As far as I am concerned, I would love a P51-spats or a P38-spats... ;D

Pablo1965

If I remember correctly, The Mollison had a couple of record for this plane. Nice spats indeed.  :thumbsup:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Glenn

I'll tell you the story of 'the spats'.....they are not thick enough so, have added about 3mm in between on each unit and sorry Brian, I do have a use for them.....the Barkley Grow!
Glenn

trekaddict

NARSES2

Quote from: trekaddict on November 05, 2011, 08:40:16 PM
Land-based Italian torpedo bomber.

Oh yes in the pre war overwater sunburst scheme  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.