Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

Quote from: trekaddict on November 05, 2011, 08:40:16 PM
Land-based Italian torpedo bomber.

Yes.....

It does have a distinctly Breda bearing to it's looks, doesn't it?
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Glenn

This is the teardrop sailplane, only the power glider to finish, and then I'll do the second ones.

Glenn

Glenn

One would think I bought this model 'cause it was a fantastic kit.....well, if you thought that, you'd be wrong! No, I bought it for the pilot!!
Lindberg have always had fantastic pilots, in 1/48 scale. Their piston/ WW2 pilot was always the same, flight suit, leather helmet, goggles, from P6 to Me-262 and their jet pilot, in his G-suit, helmet from X-3 to F11F. Always one thing you could depend on with Lindberg was the quality of the pilots!
Well, as for 'the kit', if I'd have put my foot through the model, it would have improved it, but I paid $12 Aust. for that model, and I had to do something with it...........

Glenn

Stargazer

A tricycle-gear P-47 with jet engine, tail fin extended and wings moved back a bit? Sound pretty interesting to me!  :thumbsup:

Glenn

Yes, it was my first thought mate...but no!
I found a site you'll love, (unless you already have it with your favourites)...' Abandoned and little known airfields of California'...I was looking for one thing, and suddenly found myself hooked!
Glenn

Glenn

It's amazing isn't it...when you are about to build something, drawn up the plan and then work out how you are going to attempt the project when......... you see something 'ready made' that just falls into place! Well it happened to me, and this it the first photo of the project so, 'Bottoms up'!

Glenn

tonton42

Wooo !

I want the same !!!

I have drawn that during a meeting from the idea in the Spielberg book ... A mix of Northrop flying wing and the beast you made with an once of Ju-288 ...

Must I really do it ?

"Aussi longtemps que respireras
Au sérieux point ne te prendras"
(Roger Semet)

As long as will breathe
Seriously will not take you

Eddie M.

Quote from: Glenn on November 11, 2011, 06:47:24 PM
It's amazing isn't it...when you are about to build something, drawn up the plan and then work out how you are going to attempt the project when......... you see something 'ready made' that just falls into place! Well it happened to me, and this it the first photo of the project so, 'Bottoms up'!

Glenn

Sir, you are a genius! I've been look for a way around a problem of constructing a circular item and this gives me a way to do it. Thank you. ;D
Look behind you!

Tophe

:wub:
Glenn, I love your sailplane.
Tonton, I love your flying wing too.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on November 20, 2011, 12:33:28 AM
:wub:
Glenn, I love your sailplane.
Tonton, I love your flying wing too.

Got to agree.

Glen are the wine glasses best used slightly damp ?  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stargazer

Tonton, the Spielberg Sp 292 is brilliant!!

McColm

RussC

Quote from: tonton42 on November 19, 2011, 10:26:40 AM
Wooo !

I want the same !!!

I have drawn that during a meeting from the idea in the Spielberg book ... A mix of Northrop flying wing and the beast you made with an once of Ju-288 ...

Must I really do it ?

Sure, DO it !

And while at it, how could the French build an even better flying wing design? There are precedents for it in the works of Charles Fauvel. That can follow the SpielbergNurFluegel project.  :thumbsup:

I always have at least 4 ideas in the procrastination loop.  :banghead:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Glenn

I love the wing with those 'contra-props'.....Cool!
Today I'm back with the Piaggio P.166, now it's wings are on. Only things left, cover the outer wings, panels and details, wing tanks, props and spinners....'piece of cake', really! The only hard thing will be the decals and colour scheme...as I'd like to do it in Ansett Airlines of NSW....and we all know, that doesn't exist!

Glenn