Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

very nice piece of scratchbuilding indeed :wub:
(uh, what is the meaning of "exist"? ;) )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe, Ansett airlines no longer exist, anyhow....how can I get decals for a P.166, when no one has ever made a kit of one?

With the acrylic wine flutes.....watch how you cut them. As they're not glass, they won't break, but the acrylic is extremely tough and if you are cutting them be patent, even with an electric cutter, the plastic gets extremely HOT!
Glenn

RussC

Excellent flying boat build.

Existential Aeronautics :lol:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Stargazer

Always loved the P.166. Can't wait to see this one finished!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on November 22, 2011, 12:18:31 AM
Always loved the P.166. Can't wait to see this one finished!  :thumbsup:

Yes it does look very "Italian" and stlyish. Looking forward to it Glen
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

A front on view of the 166, showing the inverted gull wing.

Glenn

Sauragnmon

Wrong way around, that's a true gull wing, Glenn - Inverted Gulls are like the Stuka where the bend is downward.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Tophe

Funny words about a beautiful model...
A gull is flapping its wings up and down, only human beings invent a single direction :lol: in French it is more easy to remember: "gull" is "Mouette" (pronounced as Mwet), and the shape of letter M is like what humans call gull wings... ;)

Glenn

McColm

Glenn

Today I'm back with the Berliner-Joyce XFJ 1/2. (haven't decided as yet) When I started this project, I didn't realise how complicated it was going to be? Once I'd finished the lower wing, the only way to attach it to the construction was to add the wing struts and the 'V' struts below the fuselage. Looking at her half built, I was wondering who would have liked it in their armed forces? Too far ahead to thing about at the moment.........Mexico, Peru, France.....no, scrub the last one........they had enough 'odd' aircraft.

Glenn

Tophe

I did not know this aircraft (even if maybe I saw it once or two in The complete book of Fighters) but Google confirmed:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmarchives/4561361025/in/photostream
Hey, designers!  :angry: You should think more on the torture you provide modellers with... Well, this is probably why this airplane was refused for mass production, but our Glenn loves such rejected oddities. Is this masochism, Glenn? ;) The result may be outstanding (if you succeed without it breaking in two) :-\

Stargazer

Quote from: Glenn on November 23, 2011, 06:30:44 PM
Too far ahead to thing about at the moment.........Mexico, Peru, France.....no, scrub the last one........they had enough 'odd' aircraft.

I believe that the Old World considered itself too much ahead at the time to ever consider purchasing aircraft from the New World... That was to change pretty soon, of course, as we all know...

Glenn

And now for something completely different! As you can see from the small yellow model, this is 'Bessy'from Dr. Who. I always wanted a model of her, (and the WhoMobile.....but that's a different story) so set about constructing one. By the time I'd drawn up plans, the Corgi 1/40 scale (you figure?) dicast model was on the shelves. Checked plans with model, pretty good, and now had a scale to work on.
I looked for a model car that looked the part, found a model 'T'.....not like Bessy at all, but did have a chassis and wheel assembly. Built the chassis and running gear and 'butchered' it to make it narrower than the T.
Bessy is based on a Morris 1000 and my model will be 1/14 sc(C) and started it many years ago, and thought it time to work on her again.

Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.