Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

1/3 finished? so it cannot be an airplane. Maybe a wheeled tank, the 2 remaining thirds being the wheels and the seat?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

So it's not a ship in a bottle then? :banghead:

Stargazer

:o Did you use two of those cones used for blowing babies' nose?

Caveman

ooooo, ooo, ooooo!

Me sir!

Is it a...
secretprojects forum migrant

Glenn

Hey Caveman.....nice idea but no! But, with the same method you could build a large version of that Gloster....yes?
Glenn

bodgybuilder

"VEB Yak-24P helicopter model for some reason, (probably felt sorry for the East German Government) and it sat in a box until early this year. Since then I have worked out what to do with it, (besides putting my foot through it) and have since got the project on the go.
What 'urks' me is having these models with a full viewing interior, clear windows and not one bloody thing inside....was the inside of this chopper a secret?"

Glenn, in this weather it needs a pool! On the other hand it would be ideal to transport alien aircraft.
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Glenn

I finished this model on the 1/1/12, but this shot was taken two weeks ago. Not knowing the colour of OAFW, checking the B&W photos of her,the colour looked to be a dark colour overall, so I chose Black Green and white reg letters. At this stage, the props, spinners and pitot tube are not attached but this has now been done awaiting photos.

Model : Ago Ao-192B
Scale : 1/48
Construction : Balsa...scratch built from plans found in an old 'Air International'

Glenn

Tophe

Unusual and pleasant, once more...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

When scratch building, I find two things paramount.....the first, plans and second, a template. This is the template and I have the plans. If you look closely on the ball you will see lines running around it...they are not there as art work.

Glenn

Oh, by the way...the ball is 30cm diameter....and being 'Pink' was 'cause it was the first one I picked up!

NARSES2

I've just visulised 30cm to Imperial and the mind boggles  :blink:

Your imagination/ingenuity knows no bounds Glenn
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Cobra

your Pink ball Reminds me of a Union Class dropship from Battletech! Keep up the Great Work,Glenn :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dan

The Wooksta!

It's either a Death Star or the USS Discovery from 2001/2010.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

RussC

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 05, 2012, 08:14:49 AM
It's either a Death Star or the USS Discovery from 2001/2010.

Or one of those Destroids from the film "The Incredibles"

Maybe a radical eggplane?
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Stargazer

To me, the dotted lines on the pink ball indicate that Glenn is probably going to keep only a slice of it...

Glenn

Stargazer......you're on the right track! And, Wooksta....Discovery, god, imagine the size when finished!!!
Would be a great model though!
Glenn