Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

What about a death star from Star Wars?

Stargazer

Quote from: McColm on January 06, 2012, 01:15:08 AM
What about a death star from Star Wars?

Already suggested, and no, it's not. Remember Glenn told us to mind the dotted lines... and also that by thinking he was going to keep only a slice I was on the right track!!

Two suggestions: 1°) the base of a stand for some scale model or 2°) a very crude piece that will be carved and shaped into Star Trek's USS Enterprise...

Glenn

Death Star...no, anyhow there was a kit of it and besides that, its too bland!
It is Sci-Fi and will probably take 12 months to construct, but a lot longer to finish.
Glenn

Glenn

Back when these MPM models came out, I bought a good few of them, but now wonder why? I can't stand the PE assembly and the prices......thats another story. Anyhow, after dragging this kit out of a box, I could only see one thing, "Luft '46".....so, that is what it will be!

Glenn

NARSES2

I've got loads of these old MPM kits as well, be interesting to see what you do with it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

I've had this Ju-52 3m for a while now, and thought it was time to butcher it......as it's only Heller! I've started the new model, but the next time you see it, the starboard fuselage half should be constructed.

Glenn

Tophe

Your focusing on the starboard side is interesting Glenn. If I were you, I would say: "3 engines is too much, 2 are enough: I discard the port engine!" (and, surprisingly, the result would be asymmetric...) but where installing the port landing gear? a simple pod?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: Tophe on January 14, 2012, 08:03:53 PM
Your focusing on the starboard side is interesting Glenn. If I were you, I would say: "3 engines is too much, 2 are enough: I discard the port engine!" (and, surprisingly, the result would be asymmetric...) but where installing the port landing gear? a simple pod?
Port landing gear? Don't be preposterous  :wacko: It's going to have a great big pair of skis... :drink:

Glenn

Hi guys! This is another MPM model, and it took me ages to finally work out how to butcher this one. It will be Luft '46 but not what you're thinking.

Glenn

Tophe

The Me-262 front wheel projecting objects laterally, the jets would be safer above the wings, no? ;D (with T-tail to protect the tailplanes from burning jet exhaust)

Glenn

Tophe, thought about this for a while. Between Ram Jet/ Dive Bomber/ Flyingboat...you name it, I thought it.
Yes, even putting the engines atop the wings..........
Glenn

RussC

Quote from: Glenn on January 28, 2012, 11:43:39 PM
Tophe, thought about this for a while. Between Ram Jet/ Dive Bomber/ Flyingboat...you name it, I thought it.
Yes, even putting the engines atop the wings..........
Glenn

Amphibian? You have my attention ! Drawing or descriptions?
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Stargazer

Planning to do a single-engine Me 262, maybe?

Tophe

:unsure: :blink: Asymmetric? Yes! (Thanks a lot!) ;D :lol: :thumbsup:
Glenn already did it : http://www.geocities.ws/asymmetrics/me262v1ludgate.htm

Stargazer

Quote from: Tophe on February 01, 2012, 09:25:55 AM
:unsure: :blink: Asymmetric? Yes! (Thanks a lot!) ;D :lol: :thumbsup:
Glenn already did it : http://www.geocities.ws/asymmetrics/me262v1ludgate.htm

Nice! But that's not really "single-engine", right? Prop in the nose and jet under the wing is still TWO engines, Tophe!!
Can't count anymore? Been drinking too much cider with the Epiphany "galettes"? LOL