Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

All right, I apology... :-\
I just meant: removing one jet has already been performed by Glenn (while he added a nose piston-engine), I think he will not do the same again. Or maybe another asymmetric as both jet on the port wing and none on starboard? For some technical reason yet to find ;)
The other single-engined version is just the piston-engine in the nose and no jet, but this was the true first prototype, not what-if, sadly...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Hi guys, today I'm back with the Glowplug, but now with it's port wing.

Scale : 1/144
Construction : S/B Balsa

Glenn

Tophe

Congratulations - such a perfection in scratchbuilding, this is impressive... :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on February 06, 2012, 07:59:47 PM
Congratulations - such a perfection in scratchbuilding, this is impressive... :thumbsup:

Agreed
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Glenn

Hi guys.....today I'm back with the Samson from Avatar. This is the 1/35sc model and to date, have just started the wedge faring forward of the rotor mountings to the canopy.

Glenn

Tophe

Wow! I wish I had your scratchbuilding talent, Glenn. Is this a balsa basis?

Glenn

No Tophe, it's based around an Academy 1/35 Huey. Converted and covered in balsa, bogged, sanded and varnished to the condition it now is.
Glenn

NARSES2

That Samson looks amazing, almost organic
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Yeah, it always reminded me of a giant dragonfly!
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the two acrylic flutes. Have since added the tube around middle and the pointed nose cone. At present is almost finished, construction I mean.....Once you see the model assembled, the penny should drop!

Glenn

Glenn

Back with the 1/48 B-45 Tornado. When I attached the port wing I found that it was too thick and couldn't set it at the correct angle. Had to cut the top layer down and re-think where I was going. She'll be big, even without the wingtip tanks, the span is 580mm.

Glenn

Tophe

Great model but not easy... :-\ :thumbsup:
I am just sad that you may have to destroy old models to provide room for the new big ones. Or will you buy another house, a museum? ;)

Glenn

Lots of these aircraft models will be displayed hanging from a ceiling....where the computor is, that's 1/48. My bedroom is 1/144...mum won't let me display anything in her room, and the kitchen and lounge are both no-no's!
PITY!!!
Glenn

RussC

Sounds like the classic builders paradox. Our ability to generate display space lags our assembling powers.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski