Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Glassed from the plan with the card cylinders added, (sliced through the half) and the water filters added. A bit floppy at this point, but not any more.
Long time project.......Glenn

Cobra

Cool! Looks Almost like Something from the Anime Show 'Starbirds'! Dan

Glenn

A couple of years ago, I bought an old Revell C-130 from the PX 'cause of it's age...not realising what I would do with it! It's funny, but looking at an old book, I found a Douglas Cargomaster and it looked so much like the Herc it wasn't funny! So, with the C-130 built at 1/139sc, I built the 1/144sc Cargomaster around it. The decals are from a 1/144 Starlifter.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

In the movie, 'Battle of the Bulge' there is an M-37 in two scenes...the first, when they are over run at the bunker and the second, at the 'crossroads'. I am using an M-24 as the base unit, but must look at the movie again, (after a bottle of Vodka) to check if it is the one based on the M-24 or the Hellcat!
Glenn

Glenn

This is the Dassault Aurora now accepted by the French navy. This single engine, twin seater fighter/bomber is armed with four cannon and has four 'hard points'.

Glenn

Oh, yeah......what did I use?
Dassault Aurora : 1/72sc Fighter/Bomber based on a 1/54sc Revell Grumman F11F Tiger with a 1/72sc cockpit and the wingtips drooped. (it looked more French that way!)

Aurora is the name of a famous French ship of exploration.

Tophe

NARSES2

Like the Aurora Glenn, could easily see a latter version with a radar nose and single Martel  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

It was announced this year, that the Australian Defense Force was cutting down from this year onward. With this, it was advised that a different type of vehicle would have to be used to defend certain areas. So, the A.D.F. S.S. AFV was born! The new 'smooth surface' Armoured Fighting Vehicle was designed around an already built unit code named, ' Go Kart!' The most expensive part of the 'unit' was the two ION cannons and the protective armour of the unit operator.
Designed to patrol prisons, airports and Defense Force areas, this vehicle proved it's worth well into the 2020's.
Glenn

Go Kart : 1/18 toy from Drakes.
2 Capt. Rex Star Wars figures....one for the operator and for the two ION cannons.

sequoiaranger

I certainly recognize the Wellesley rear cockpit there (since I, too, removed the front cockpit--for use on my FMA-100T project)!

However, if I were a VIP I would not want the "window seat over the wing" where such an important person as I couldn't see anything. I would *INSIST" that the pilot compartment sit over the wing and the VIP seat be behind the wing where there is a view downward!! That would also give the pilot a slightly better view forward for landings, etc.

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Glenn

Back in the 1930's, Curtiss developed the SBC series of divebombers and in the early 1940's developed the SB2C Helldiver. What if there had been a model in-between?
This is the SB1C.....a bit of both, the looks of the SB2C, and the bi-plane design of the SBC.....or, will be!

Glenn

NARSES2

If that's the old Airfix kit then it deserved that treatment  :wacko: Some serious surgery going on Glenn  :thumbsup:

Glenn

Sorry, not Airfix......Monogram!
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on July 03, 2012, 07:11:37 PM

Last shot of the Siren before undercart.
Glenn
The Sea-Fury being a 1944 plane (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Sea_Fury ), may I include this marvelous Twin-Sea-Fury in my topic about 1939-45-designed zwillings?