Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on August 06, 2012, 07:15:02 PM
Sorry, not Airfix......Monogram!
Glenn

Ah, cheers - I've fond memories of that kit as a kid
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

This is a TravelAir 'Falcon', the fighting version of the 'Mystery Ship'. Back when these ships were involved in the pylon racing, a few foreign countries showed interest in their speed and strong designs. Not mentioning names, but two modified 'Falcons' found their was to Spain during the Civil War. Bought by the Royalists, only a photo is left of one of them taken in the late 1930's and this is a replica made a few years ago.
The changes included
1. Metal support struts from wing to undercart and wing to fuselage.
2. Enclosed canopy
and 3. two 7.7mm machine guns mounted below the wings, outside the propeller arc.

Model, 1/48 Hawk TravelAir Mystery Ship.
Glenn

Glenn

Back with the 1/144 'Glowplug' now with the wings on and panels in place. Engines and undercart housing next....
Glenn

kerick

Interesting paint job on the wings. That had to be one tough masking job!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn

Yeah, to achieve that......one has to be good!
Glenn

Tophe

Moreover, I guess this is Variable Skin, inspired by snakes, and soon the cartoon-like (and newspaper-like) paint will disappear... ;) No?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Designed as a slow, stable 'watcher', the 'Pink Passion' was used by the European countries to study the traffic conditions. Designed around a German sailplane, and powered by a Porsche 'ducted fan' this aircraft served for many years without a mishap.

Model :1/100 sailplane......kinda butchered!

Glenn

Tophe

McColm

Quote from: Glenn on August 13, 2012, 07:14:49 PM

Back with the 1/144 'Glowplug' now with the wings on and panels in place. Engines and undercart housing next....
Glenn
Now that's a great idea, using newspaper instead of decals or a paint scheme :cheers: :cheers:

Glenn

Yeah, but think how much it would cost to have the news print enlarged to that size....those 'Glowplugs' were a BIG aircraft!
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

This is a TravelAir 2000, also known as a 'Wichita Fokker'. Built in the late 1920's, as a 'sports' aircraft.....these aircraft found their way into the movie industry soon after. Looking like a Fokker DVII, except for the engine, they were modified with false cowlings and radiators. (their real radiator is below, in front of the undercart) Powered by an Hispano-Suiza V8 engine, certainly looked the part.

Model : Scratch built minus the wheels and pilot.
Circus camo: my own......!
Glenn

Tophe

bodgybuilder

Looks great Glenn. Should it have any weaponry?
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so